Seaward 19RK?

Apr 29, 2021
Com-Pac Eclipse Chickamauga Lake
I'm new to the forum and in the early stages of a search for a Pocket Cruiser. Seaward has caught my eye and in a Sailing Magazine article from 2013 I learned of the Seaward 19RK, which appears to be exactly what I'm looking for.

In a 2015 Cruising World article announcing the fact that Island Packet will begin building the Seaward Sailboats, the 19RK is again mentioned. I've reached out to both Island Packet and NH Designs, but have received no reply.

There's nothing else I've been able to find out online about the boat and it would appear it was never built and perhaps the design got tabled after the manufacturing and ownership changes? Any additional information would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Apr 29, 2021
Com-Pac Eclipse Chickamauga Lake
Welcome to the forum!!

An internet search for a Seward 19RK came up empty except for a few reviews. Why not go a little longer say a trailable 26RK and get out there and enjoy sailing now?
Funny you should mention that...I've looked at both of those listings MULTIPLE times and am strongly considering moving in that direction. Thanks for the reply and the welcome!

Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
Welcome to the best source of info and help for sailboats and their owners.
Jim...

Jul 30, 2019
Seaward 25 777 Fort St. James
The 26RK is a great, quality built boat, just as are the 25, 24 and 23. For both the 25 and 26RK my only reservation would be if you are thinking of "pocket cruiser" as something you'd casually plop into the water for a day or two sailing, then back on the trailer and away. These are heavy boats, with quite a complex process of rigging and preparation for either launching or trailing. I think of our 25 as being worth the effort for a week's sailing, but not for a shorter period. With any of the larger Seawards, you will also need a decently heavy tow vehicle to be safe towing the 6000+lbs that will be looming behind you. A Suburban, Expedition or 3/4 ton truck, no less.

Maybe a pocket cruiser, but not a day sailer. The same would be true of any other 25 or so foot sailboat.