Seat in aft cabin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 20, 2005
Whitby 55 Kemah, Tx
Glenn:

I thought I'd just use this opportunity to say, the seat(s) Hunter keeps putting in the aft cabin is a total waste of space. Nobody ever sits there, except my dirty laundry. I've been thinking about ripping it out and extending the locker but haven't gotten around to it yet. I've seen a 376 where it was done and it looked pretty good.

Franklin

G

Aft cabin seats

Hi Franklin, the setee in our 1991 P42 aft cabin is great not only for storing lots of gear but also for dressing, lounging, reading, enjoying a beer, etc. I cannot think of a better device than what Hunter designed and installed there.

Terry Cox

Dec 2, 1999
Hunter Vision-36 Rio Vista, CA.
Some have them some don't. My friend just purchased a 1996 H'376 there is no seat on his boat.

We use outs all the time. That is where the dog sleeps!

ghen

Mar 15, 2009
2 216 St. Augustine
That is the dilema with designing production boats. It is hard to make it perfect for everyone. We can always hope everyone steps up to the next model larger for the solution.

Sep 20, 2006
Hunter 33 Georgian Bay, Ontario, Canada
Franklin, come spend a week or a weekend on our H33 and you will REALLY appreciate the seats and extra space. ;)

Ross

Jun 15, 2004
Islander/Wayfairer 30 sail number 25 Perryville,Md.
Custom built can cater to all of a buyer's desires AT A PRICE. You just can't get custom features in a production boat unless you order your boat before production starts and you are willing to pay for the changes. I could build in a ceramic fireplace on your boat if that is what you want but understand that it is custom and that costs time for a craftsman and for the material and for the design expense.

Aug 5, 2006
Hunter 33 brisbane
What Seat?

You have me foxed Scott B! Where is there a seat in the aft cabin an H33.
Maybe of interest to H33 owners I have cut a hole under the seat in the forward cabin and created a really useful extra locker without losing the seat. At present it holds everyone's shoes and the vacuum cleaner!
Also I have converted the hanging locked to 3 shelves and it now holds far more clothes. Incidently there is a very useful secret (?) compartment underneath this locker where you can hide wallets, passports or bottles of rum. Don't come looking for me as I am in Australia.

Sep 20, 2006
Hunter 33 Georgian Bay, Ontario, Canada
You have me foxed Scott B! Where is there a seat in the aft cabin an H33.
Maybe of interest to H33 owners I have cut a hole under the seat in the forward cabin and created a really useful extra locker without losing the seat. At present it holds everyone's shoes and the vacuum cleaner!
Also I have converted the hanging locked to 3 shelves and it now holds far more clothes. Incidently there is a very useful secret (?) compartment underneath this locker where you can hide wallets, passports or bottles of rum. Don't come looking for me as I am in Australia.

Nick, that was my poiint, Franklin was complaing about having the wasted space of the seat..... we would love to have that extra space for somewhere to put our bags for the weekend insteadof on the floor that we trip over in and out of the bed. We shoulnd't complian tho, the 33 has a lot of space belwo for a boat it's size, and we really do like the boat.

I'd like to see pics of your shelves in the hanging locker. I had the excact same idea and measured up the locker last Fall and intend to install some shelves this spring.

Status
Not open for further replies.