Searching for Telescoping table legs.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Hi guys.
I have been searching for strong legs for my table.

I saw this image on a new French built J/45. This is the first time I have seen oval shaped articulating legs with a solid flat base.

If any of you know of a manufacturer selling such legs, I would love a link.

Thanks

1671740786344.jpeg

Jan 7, 2011
Oday 322 East Chicago, IN
Hi guys.
I have been searching for strong legs for my table.

I saw this image on a new French built J/45. This is the first time I have seen oval shaped articulating legs with a solid flat base.

If any of you know of a manufacturer selling such legs, I would love a link.

Thanks

View attachment 211786
When you say “articulating”, do you mean telescoping?

These guys have several designs available…

Greg

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Greg and Claude, thank you. Both of those are good ideas.

The word articulating was confusing. I have corrected it to be telescoping.

The table sits on the edge of my passage way through the cabin. It becomes a hand hold as you move through the cabin. I have 2 round posts that sit at 29" in the up table position and 14.5" in the convert the table to a bed position. Beneath the deck is an 85gal fuel tank. The legs need to collapse within the length of the bottom section. There is very little space beneath the deck to permit extension into the space.

I have found numerous round legs, when I have examined them they lacked stability to allow you to grip the table and feel it was solid.

I have not physically seen the one's in the image, yet it their oval appearance leads me to conjecture they would be solid if the boat lurched and you grabbed the table to steady yourself.

The search goes on.

Jan 7, 2011
Oday 322 East Chicago, IN
Greg and Claude, thank you. Both of those are good ideas.

The word articulating was confusing. I have corrected it to be telescoping.

The table sits on the edge of my passage way through the cabin. It becomes a hand hold as you move through the cabin. I have 2 round posts that sit at 29" in the up table position and 14.5" in the convert the table to a bed position. Beneath the deck is an 85gal fuel tank. The legs need to collapse within the length of the bottom section. There is very little space beneath the deck to permit extension into the space.

I have found numerous round legs, when I have examined them they lacked stability to allow you to grip the table and feel it was solid.

I have not physically seen the one's in the image, yet it their oval appearance leads me to conjecture they would be solid if the boat lurched and you grabbed the table to steady yourself.

The search goes on.
Just buy the J/45 :poop:

Greg

Feb 17, 2006
Lancer 27PS MCB Camp Pendleton KF6BL
You can always think outside the box. Find some heavy duty telescoping speaker stands and use them. Or even heavy duty light stands. I know, may sound "cheap-ish" but functional and probably a lot less in cost. JMHO