Search function not working?

SFS

Aug 18, 2015
Currently Boatless Okinawa
@Phil Herring:
I've been searching the forum from my phone lately, and getting an error message and no search results. I incorrectly assumed it was an issue with my phone, and waited for an opportunity to use a computer.

Today, I am on a computer, and using Advanced Search, I entered the search terms "US battery" and then "US batteries". Both returned no results, but at the top of the page I got this message:

Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=99, msg=Cannot assign requested address)

Is the problem at my end? The words "local host" would lead me to that conclusion, but this has been going on for more than 150 miles of travel, so the "local hosts" have changed.

May 17, 2004
Beneteau Oceanis 37 Havre de Grace
Same problem for me. Looks like the regular search box works but the advanced search just returns the error. SFS - the reference to localhost isn't on your end. It basically means the web server can't connect to another program running on the same computer.

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
Sorry about that, the search engine died and didn't boot up again, should be better now.

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
If you ever notice that telltale error in the upper left of your search results, let me know asap. Thanks!