Sea Tech plumbing fitting leaks

Jun 11, 2011
Hunter 41 Lewes
I thought my Wema tank sensor was failing but it turns out the Sea Tech shut off valves are leaking near the Jabsco pump under the galley sink. Is there an O ring or something that can be changed out or must I replace the valve or cut back the line? I tried to removing and re-seating the lines but it did not seem to help, steady drip. Any one have a solution? Thanks

Jun 1, 2009
Hunter 49 toronto
I thought my Wema tank sensor was failing but it turns out the Sea Tech shut off valves are leaking near the Jabsco pump under the galley sink. Is there an O ring or something that can be changed out or must I replace the valve or cut back the line? I tried to removing and re-seating the lines but it did not seem to help, steady drip. Any one have a solution? Thanks
Is this on a 49?

Jun 11, 2011
Hunter 41 Lewes
It’s on a 41. It’s under the sink on the tank side of the inline shut off valves.

Jun 11, 2011
Hunter 41 Lewes
From the connection. Reseated the hoses and I’m waiting but not trusting the results.

Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
I did a bit of research on Sea Tech, since i am always interested on improving my ABS stuff.

What I know about those type of connecters and "slick line" tubing, that are not "Bump" resistance or Line Strain from heat or cold changes.

I guess not much has changed under the Galley Sink for your install.o_O

Nothing seems magical about the O-Ring seal. The tubing has to be fully up against the O-ring and in no Stain that would make it "cock eyed".

If I was to install this, I would use one of the Sea Tech mounting clips, since it is in the nature of a valve to be twisted open/close.
Jim...

Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
All of my ABS valves are mounted to a small plywood sheet. Not the valve, but the line on each side of the valve.
The plywood mount can be light weight and not even mounted to a bulkhead. The plywood takes the strain off a valve twist.
SeaTech_2370-1557.jpg
The Sea Tech strain relief, tubing mounting clip.
Jim...

Oct 27, 2016
Seattle
And now a word from the sponsor...
Cabinet catch for many Hunters

These catches were common on Hunters from the Legend-era through today's Marlow-Hunters. We keep a large stock on hand for emergency shipments or just getting spares.
See the product