sea strainer clog for air conditioning

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Glenn Benson

I have a marine air conditioner that has a water line that keeps clogging. I can understand the line clogging from the inlet to the sea strainer but I don't understand the cloggong from the sea strainer to the water outlet overboard. Does anyone know if there is a way to keep the water cooling line clean. It is cloggoing with black goo. I have cleaned it twice in the past two months by running a snake down the hose. The boat did sit for a little over a year so I don' know if that is a contributer to the problem. The unit is only 2 years old.

B

Bob

A/C Cleaning

Glenn, one way to clean out the a/c system is to take a water hose with at small tip on the end and flush out the a/c unit. Remove the outlet and supply hoses. Put the hose on the outlet side and back flush the unit into a bucket through the supply end.

G

Glenn Benson

Bob, Thank you for your reply. Is this something I am going to have to get used to? Is this normal maintenance? I have cleaned every hose related to the air conditioner several times. The only hose I have not cleaned is the copper line around the ac unit. So far the unit is running cold. I still am cleaning the sea strainer every three days to be safe. I do plan on cleaning the last one too. Again, Thank you. Glenn

G

Glenn

Fixed the problem (I think)

I put a larger pump in and have found that it keep the line cleaner. My air has not cut off yet. Its great!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.