Sea Hood

Whit

Sep 13, 2004
Hunter 30_88-94 New Orleans LA
If anyone is in the process of a restoration and has the Sea Hood off the companion way hatch I would like to borrow it for a template. I will be happy to provide shipping.

TomY

Alden Forum Moderator
Jun 22, 2004
Alden 38' Challenger yawl Rockport Harbor
Hi Whit, mine isn't off but it's just a simple piece of stainless steel sheet bent to a radius and screwed to the cabin top. The front is a piece of mahogany that the hood is also screwed to. I can give you measurments and take a few photos if that would help.

Whit

Sep 13, 2004
Tom- A couple of pic's from different angles would be very helpful. Thanks

TomY

Alden Forum Moderator
Jun 22, 2004
I finally got down to the boat to take this Whit. This one angle shows it all though. On my boat, a simple sheet of SS with the two bends you see. The flange is fastened with wood screws on the cabin top and forward wood piece. It extends aft just short of the slide end when it's fully pushed under the sea hood.

The dodger dam (in the shadows in back) was added later I suspect. I don't know when the sea hood was installed or if there was a stock design. I've never removed it and it doesn't leak at all. This would be simple to measure and have bent up I would think. Then cut the forward piece and screw it down.

Attachments

Whit

Sep 13, 2004
Thanks Tom, that gives me a good idea of what's needed. Coming this way durring the summer?

TomY

Alden Forum Moderator
Jun 22, 2004
I don't think we will this year Whit. With a daughter graduating from HS and a son close behind, both working, we'll not likely get far from home this summer.
Hopefully next season.