Sea hood removal

Tim22

Jun 16, 2014
Hunter 310 Ottawa
i seem to have a leak originating from under the sea hood so am working up to removing it this weekend for closer inspection. A forum search has provided quite a lot of information pertaining to the sea hood removal on earlier model Hunters. These seem to have a different fastening system as well as supporting the main sheet traveller. Mine is a 1997 Hunter 310. Has anyone removed the sea hood on this or similar model? I would be very grateful of any tips on how best to proceed with the removal and re install.

Thanks
Tim

Jun 6, 2006
currently boatless wishing Harrington Harbor North, MD
on my 40.5 I had to make a cut forward of the traveler. to my knowledge there is no way ro remove the traveler. perhaps (big maybe) with an impact gun you could get the screws out but one of them will shear off.........or strip out the head....

Tim22

Jun 16, 2014
Hunter 310 Ottawa
So today, after much trepidation, I took the plunge and removed the sea hood. I had hoped to find the source of a leak int the cabin but what I found was nothing. Essentially a fibre glass top with dorade vent molded in. I cleaned it up, re caulked the mounting screws and put it back together. For anyone who is interested in what's under the sea hood on a 1997 Hunter 310 I have attached a photo

Tim

Attachments