Screws in cabin floor ?

WeiWei

Oct 26, 2015
O'Day 20 Keuka Lake
1974 O'Day 20 Can anyone tell me what the circular pattern of screws (pictures attached)that are in cabin floor are there for?

Attachments

Apr 11, 2012
Cataina 400 MK II Santa Cruz
Can you try to see by looking under the berth next to that section of floor?

Sep 15, 2009
S2 9.2a Fairhope Al
i don't know for sure but i would assume the held some kind of table leg socket at one time from the looks of the screw pattern look and see if there are any circular marks around the screw pattern that may indicate a flange of some sort was there

Sep 23, 2009
O'Day 34-At Last Rock Hall, Md
I guess that a PO had a table mounted there once and did not want to fill in the holes when he changed his mind. Any other mysterious alterations?

Aug 20, 2010
Oday 27 Oak Orchard
They are the remnants of the table base socket. Oday had an aluminum base socket on the 20 and 22 that a stainless tube fit into and a table approximately 18 X 18 inch with another socket that provided a reasonable table that could be stowed away until needed. Of course this left the base in a lovely position to trip over. Probably why you have only the screws remaining.

WeiWei

Oct 26, 2015
O'Day 20 Keuka Lake
Mystery solved .Now I can sleep nights .This site is incredible I thought I'd have to wait weeks for an answer. Thanks!

Jun 2, 2004
Oday Day Sailer Wareham, MA
I just spend WAY too much time surfing the net! Anytime I spot an O'DAY listed for sale, I check out the pictures, I also have a pretty good collection of old brochures.