Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Scott Davis

Rod

Yes, I guess we are the only two left?? I am the only Hunter 23 on our lake that races at all. We have a 260 there at our club, but its just a party boat. I am mostly racing J-22's, Ensigns, Macgregers and a Pierson 23. The Pierson is my main competition, we are very closely matched and trade off wins often. I won the fall series and he won the winter. We start up again on Mar 24th for Spring. Trying to get a bigger spinnaker before we start. That Pierson has a Huge Spinnaker and he really hurts us going down wind. I am slightly faster to windward. Hope you have a great racing season, write here about your club and fleet. Scott

R

Robert Dean

Hunter racing

No, you guys are not the only racers on the lake. We started our 2001 racing season in Jan here in Pensacola FL. I race a Hunter 35 Legend and really enjoy it. For my last race on 3 Mar we had to reef as the winds were in the 18 to 20 gusting to 27kt range. Found out something new. 1. I did not know how to reef. 2. I have 4 lines at the aft end of my boom. One I use for the outhaul. The other 3 are for reefing. There are 2 reef points. So what is the third line for?? Finally found out. I have several traveling bales (hope this is the right term) on the bottom of the boom. One is for the mainsheet - this one is fixed in place. The others are floaters (movable). When I set the first reef and connected the line to the last bale on the aft end of the mast - I could not keep the bale from sliding foward. Walah - ergo - the third line is now attached to that bale and is pulled aft much as one uses the outlaul. So fellow Hunter racers let's keep up the chatter. There are so many little thing to learn - I just wish I had asked this group what the three lines were for - some time ago !! We race again this weekend. After that I plan to install my new Garhauer boom vang. I'll let you guys know how that goes. Race (sail) on Bob Dean Sundance HL35

S

Scott Davis

Some Great Photos from Fall/Winter Series

Check out our Photo Album for some really great photo's from Lake Wylie. No thats not a giant tornado, its the cooling towers from the local Nuke Plant. Way cool!! http://www.catawbayachtclub.homestead.com/PhotoIndex.html enjoy! Scott

S

Scott Davis

Bob's Question

Bob, I missed your question first time I read your reply. I use my third line on the end of the boom for my toping lift. That way I can fine adjust the main in light air. Works real well. Just an idea! Scott H23 "No Alibi"

Status
Not open for further replies.