SCORE!!!!!!!

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
Later this week I'm heading out for a 10 day cruise along the coast. And on a whim, I decided to check Craigs List to see if I could find a cheap canoe to use as a tender (my son has my other canoe).... Now I live in the mountains so the boat pickings can be slim on Craigs List.... but I saw this for $300

upload_2016-6-20_10-57-41.png

Went and got it this morning....and she is now sitting in the bed of my truck. SCORE! The ores look like they have never seen the water, the boat looks very nearly brand spanking new.... I'm feeling lucky today. I was going to get a transient slip but now I can stay on the hook..... whooot whoot.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Way to go. Looks like you can even rig a sail if you find the need. Have a friend who has a Walker. Decided the oar locks were less than efficient. Bolted on a pair of oar locks to the outside of the gunnels.

May 23, 2004
I'm in the market as were . Colonial Beach
Good find. I tow a 8' fiberglass dingy and it really isn't that big of a drag. You will enjoy your new find.

Apr 19, 2012
O'Day Daysailor 17 Nevis MN
Congratulations!! I was strongly considering a Walker Bay when I stumbled across my fiberglass sailing dinghy. If you enjoy dinghy sailing I'd strongly suggest looking into a sail kit. Sometimes I don't want to uproot the bigger boat for a quick sail and it's really nice to be able to take the dinghy sailing for an hour or so while hanging out in a slip or anchorage.

May 12, 2004
Hunter Cherubini 30 New Port Richey
I've had my WB since they first came on the market. Light, tows nicely, and virtually bullet proof. A bit tender, though, especially when getting into from the stern. If you have a sugar scoop transom, you are all set. Wish, now, that I had purchased the sail kit at that time when they were a lot cheaper. Hang on to those oars. They are expensive.

May 20, 2016
Clark San Juan 30 Blaine WA
Great Deal I got an almost Brand new Raytheon Radar off CL for 495$ was almost like buying it new even Came with the Manual I love Craigslist for Boating Deals stuff new these Days are just to Expensive I'm Glad you Found such a Great Deal

Feb 8, 2014
Columbia 36 Muskegon
I got ya beat. About ten years ago when I was working in a Boat US store and we closed the place out, I got their Walker Bay display model for $10. It had two holes drilled in the bottom and no flotation, but I fixed that for maybe another $10. I'm still using it...

druid

Apr 22, 2009
Ontario 32 Pender Harbour
I had a WB 8 for years - nice boat! Very light: I could just throw it off the deck into the water. But being so light is IS tender - both my lady and I have dumped it getting in. It kinda skitters around. But once you're in, it rows VERY well (don't know how well it would sail: looks to me like the daggerboard is way too far aft...), and an electric trolling motor and the WB is a Match Made in Heaven...

druid

Jan 19, 2010
Not going to have time to register it for an O.B. trolling motor before this trip but maybe in the future. I have a wind surfer so it might be fun to see if I can rig it to work on this... something for another day. :)

May 24, 2004
CC 30 South Florida
I'm feeling lucky today. I was going to get a transient slip but now I can stay on the hook..... whooot whoot.
If you can get the Walker Bay to supply shorepower, hot showers and a restaurant I might follow your thinking.

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
AquaCat 12.5 17342 Wateree Lake, SC
That hatch air conditioner sure is gonna feel good while swinging on the hook. No wait...

Jan 19, 2010
Okay I'm conflicted... I get off on being cheap... but as I get older, I like to be comfortable.

:)

If the breeze is blowing I won't need the AC... soo... I'll play it by ear.

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
Rob, Have a great trip my friend and if you run into issues, you have my number and I think I know where you are headed. I still know some folks in that area. Feel free to call. I have to take it easy recuperating this summer from the stent placed in two weeks ago. Also, you owe me a few wonder photos to my personal email you rascal.
dave