schematics

jbd

Sep 13, 2020
ericson er28 deltaville
I have just purchased a neglected 1980 ericson 28. II was not provided a diagram of the electric. Any advice on how to acquire the original?

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new Ericson 28. An internet search could not find a manual on a Ericson 28 that would show an electrical schematic diagram but did find one for an Ericson 32 attached so unless the forum can help, you might contact Ericson Yacht Organization below.

Attachments

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Congrats on finding your Ericson. Welcome to the forum.

As you will soon discover, finding "ORIGINAL SCHEMATICS" while it seems like a needed item is most of the time of little value on a boat of 40 years. Previous Owners have likely altered most if not all of the systems.

We buyers of "Mature boats" have to make our own schematic. This usually means crawling through the boat and looking in all voids and compartments to discover what is inside.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
You will soon discover that when something stops working, a previous owner has altered the system, corrosion has creeped in. Replacement is the order of the day.

RoyS

Jun 3, 2012
Hunter 33 Steamboat Wharf, Hull, MA
While on this subject, does anyone know of a good schematic drawing app for a Mac computer?

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
.............does anyone know of a good schematic drawing app for a Mac computer?
Too bad you do not have a laptop with Microsoft Office because "Visio®" is a very easy program to use. I used professionally for conceptual chemical engineering designs. I understand SmartDraw reportedly offers a powerful and easy-to-use solution if you want a Visio® alternative on a Mac. SmartDraw reportedly offers more templates, better tools, industry-leading automation. Also take a look at the link below entitled "Best Free Drawing Software for Mac" for potential drawing apps for Mac.