Scheduled downtime

David

Jun 17, 2004
Macgregor 26x Morecambe
Hello all,

I'm moving this weekend and will be shutting down my internet connection and starting up a new one with a new service provider. Not sure exactly what the downtime will be or when but I'll update this thread when I know more.

For now, here's my best guess: 949.RENO2.COM SITE WILL BE UNAVAILABLE BETWEEN WEDNESDAY OCT 11 AND WEDNESDAY OCT 25.

I'll keep you all informed as I make arrangements!

Regards,
David

David

Jun 17, 2004
Macgregor 26x Morecambe
update

I've decided to have my web sites professionally hosted. I'll be updating the name servers in a few days so expect to have problems connecting to 949.reno2.com for about 1 day probably Monday.

At that point, I'll likely have a default page for a day or two while I restore the system on the new host.

Regards,
David

Whit

Sep 13, 2004
Hunter 30_88-94 New Orleans LA
David- Thank you for your continued support. When ever you come east, save some time for a sail. Best of luck to the family.

David

Jun 17, 2004
Macgregor 26x Morecambe
site restored

The site is back up, but needs some testing. Please let me know if you notice anything weird. Also, let me know if everything seems to work right. Just reply to this topic.

Regards,
David

Apr 7, 2006
All is great- thanks so much!

On another note this Fall Cindy and I stripped all the spars of their white paint & now have 9 coats of varnish on the main as it rests on five saw horses in the front yard. Yesterday a squall went through about 0545 and (yup you guessed it) I heard a crash- and everything is in a heap! Must of been quite the gust of wind. The only damage seems to be where a screw from one of the horse tore a 2" gouge just below the spreaders. Any comments on the best way to fix it? We hate to put west system in there but it might be the best way to seal it.It's probably 1/16" to 1/8" deep.

Maybe just coat it well with more varnish. Needless to say we are NOT stripping the whole mast again!!