Scam mechanic in Vancouver because of shortages

Guan

Jul 18, 2011
Beneteau Oceanis 361 Vancouver
Just a heads up on this guy and company.
Dio boss of Relacoes Marine Services in Vancouver Canada.
He will sent untrained guys to learn on the job and teach them remotely be by phone resulting in prolong hours of repair.
E.g. I just had Diesel electric fuel lift pump replace because boat engine could turn but engine doesn't start. Sounds like fuel suffocation.
He and his cronies spent 6.5 hrs to diagnose remove and replace with after market parts.
Labour 6.5 hrs. $130*6.5
After market pump....(selling in Stem to Stern which he got) for $121 was billed as $252.
paper towel......$15......all mine they did not bring any.

Just beware.

He replaced my Westerbeke engine starter last year using his young 20yr old know nothing nephew and took 9.5 hrs.

Much to my reluctance I HAD to call him in this time because all Vancouver techs are booked to Sept. and my boat was dead in the dock after hull out in Granville Island yard.

We need more Marine techs in Vancouver.
Probably need to take up Marine repairs only my octogenaric back and fingers are not up to it.

Also taking this opportunity to thank all you guys for all the helpful advices given over the years.

Edit Quote Multi

Tricia

Jun 4, 2004
Freedom 30 Victoria, BC
Laurence Abro of Triton Pacific on Granville Island is a fine technician and an honest guy.

Guan

Jul 18, 2011
tks. yeah he's great
he did my injectors yrs ago. couldn't contact last week maybe too busy too.

Joe

Jun 1, 2004
Catalina 27 Mission Bay, San Diego
Did you get an estimate before authorizing job, or did you just give him the keys and tell him to send you the bill? Just saying, if you know the guy's a crook, at least negotiate the known repair work.

Guan

Jul 18, 2011
no estimates he comes and you bow! all mechanics too busy here. booking till September!!!