SBO App for Kindle Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

txjim

Sep 4, 2007
Hunter 170 Grapevine Lake, TX
I have the SBO app on my android phone and my wife's IPAD but I just purchased a Kindle Fire HD. The Amazon app server does not have the SBO app available :cry: and, although there are back door methods of loading from the Google app store, it's a pain which appears to require a deeper trip into the guts of the operating system than I car to undertake at this time.

Any plans to introduce the app to Amazon? Would love to see it on something larger than my phone (and there's no chance of prying the IPAD away from my wife!)

Jim

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
The app we use is written and maintained by a third party and it was recently acquired by vBulletin, the folks who make our forum software. I haven't heard of any plans for a Kindle app, and to make matters even more complicated, VB is about to release version 5 and we're still on version 3. So, even if they did release something for Kindle we'd have to undergo a huge and somewhat painful upgrade on the web site to support it. But we're going to have to do that fairly soon anyway.

You think there's any chance we could get technology to stop for a year or so while I catch up? Seems like I was using a Motorola brick not that long ago...

Mar 12, 2008
Jeanneau 49 DS San Pedro, CA
Do you really need the app for the Kindle Fire? I have the Kindle Fire, and I just access the website directly.

txjim

Sep 4, 2007
Hunter 170 Grapevine Lake, TX
Do you really need the app for the Kindle Fire? I have the Kindle Fire, and I just access the website directly.
Well, it does work somewhat and using the Silk browser is my current approach. Silk does not work as well as others, however. Text/graphics allignment is a bit of a (minor) issue, text wrapping is not handled well and there are a few other annoyances. Landscape mode seems to take care of a couple problems but I suppose I just got spoiled with how well the app works on my Galaxy phone. It works well on the Ipad as well but there's that problem of getting it out of my wife's hands again..... I'll check out alternate browser options.

Status
Not open for further replies.