Saw this odd duck...

Feb 24, 2021
International Yacht HMS-23 Prairie Creek Reservoir
I now own two! These were built by International Yacht Corp (Helsen) in Clearwater. The parts boat is a '76 swing keel. The project boat is a '77 shoal keel. They both have the original Kermath/Atomic 2 gas inboard. Planning on installing a Yanmar 2GM-13. I've already spoke to Jopie Helsen but if anyone has any info on these, please contact me.

Attachments

Jim26m

Apr 3, 2019
Macgregor 26M Mobile AL
I now own two! These were built by International Yacht Corp (Helsen) in Clearwater. The parts boat is a '76 swing keel. The project boat is a '77 shoal keel. They both have the original Kermath/Atomic 2 gas inboard. Planning on installing a Yanmar 2GM-13. I've already spoke to Jopie Helsen but if anyone has any info on these, please contact me.
Can you, or @rudyardkip give us your take on how they sail?

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
Have you considered the torqeedo electric sail drive? You have a lot of cabin top you could cover with solar. Turn your oddity into a commodity

Sep 20, 2014
Rob Legg RL24 Chain O'Lakes
So will you name it Allmand Joy? I think that is the one with nuts in it.

I rememebr seeing something very similar at the Strictly Sail boat show 6 or 7 years ago. I'm thinking it was aluminum. Had a dinette and head in the pilothouse area. Don't remember what brand it was.

Jul 21, 2021
Helsen HMS 23 Bloomington
So will you name it Allmand Joy? I think that is the one with nuts in it.

I rememebr seeing something very similar at the Strictly Sail boat show 6 or 7 years ago. I'm thinking it was aluminum. Had a dinette and head in the pilothouse area. Don't remember what brand it was.
Well maybe not. Discovering that they may be Helsen's not Allmand. Mine has Helsen main sail logo.