Saving threads for later reference

Nov 14, 2018
Hunter 26 / 33.5 Eden isle, Greer’s ferry lake
I’ve found myself wondering how to save a thread to a file for a later time. Can’t be that hard. I hope. Thanks rog

Aug 22, 2011
MacGregor Venture V224 Cheeseland
I’ve found myself wondering how to save a thread to a file for a later time. Can’t be that hard. I hope. Thanks rog
Save the first page of the thread you like as a "Favorite" or a "Bookmark" in your web browser.
Your browser should allow you to rename the saved link anything you choose.

That's one way.

Feb 17, 2006
Lancer 27PS MCB Camp Pendleton KF6BL
Also, if you think the thread is done and no more replies, you can print to PDF and the whole thread will be printed.

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
I've found that mfrs especially have an irritating habit of redesigning their websites every year or two, rendering all my bookmarks for 'em useless till I update all the URLs. And forums can move threads into "archives," killing the saved URL for them too. So instead of saving an entire thread that may only have a few posts I need to keep, I've always just copy/pasted the posts I want to keep into a Word or Notepad document that I then save to the appropriate folder. As of this writing my "marine" folder in my documents has 918 files in 98 folders, organized by categories and then sub-catagories so I know where to look when I need the info in one of 'em. And as long as I keep 'em all backed up to a flash drive I can never lose 'em.
--Peggie

Nov 14, 2018
Hunter 26 / 33.5 Eden isle, Greer’s ferry lake
Peggy. Sounds like a bit more work but certainly worth the effort. Thanks