Santa's Gifts 2023

Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
What is Santa bringing for your family or your boat this year?

For us, 10 new through hull valves, by Groco.
______
Merry Christmas

Jim and Sue

Jun 21, 2004
Beneteau 343 Slidell, LA
Haulout, bottom paint, couple of thru hull fittings & assemblies, and a new blade set for folding prop. Hopefully, that is all!

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Hadley gave me her gift early. I got to untie the lines, that had bound her to the Marina for 21 months. We left behind the marina confines and for an hour cruised freely about Possession Sound.

This is a season of great joy and hope...

"Hope springs eternal..." is from a poem by Alexander Pope.
Hope humbly then; with trembling pinions soar;
Wait the great teacher Death; and God adore!
What future bliss, he gives not thee to know,
But gives that hope to be thy blessing now.
Hope springs eternal in the human breast:
Man never is, but always to be blest:
The soul, uneasy and confin'd from home,
Rests and expatiates in a life to come.

Merry Christmas to all you sailors and families.

IMG_0001.jpeg

Jul 27, 2011
Bavaria 38E Alamitos Bay
Where do I start? As a Sagittarius, me birthday is close to Christmas so it’s sometimes hard to keep straight which “gift” is assignable to which special day! As for the most recent of the “opened gifts”, Santa gave me a Minn Kota electric trolling motor, 38# trust, for the new Highfield 9.5 RIB. What! Ho! Ho! Ho!

It’s not as wide a leap as it might first seem. The old Tohatsu runs a bit rough at low throttle; sometimes putts out, etc. Yes, we all know the interim remedies. But going through the Naples canals to see the Christmas decorations just needs quieter, slower, and more manageable propulsion (without exhaust). So, viol’a — an electric trolling motor!

Hey, these things are much less expensive than a “real” electric outboard, even with the cost of a deep-cycle battery added. But I had one of those already aboard (dual purpose deep cycle), so I just switched it out with me relatively new spare starting battery, and we’re away! Got it all rigged now where I can charge using my solar panel the battery while it’s in the dink tied alongside. The Minn Kota stows upright in me wet locker below. So, now we’re good for short hops in the dink on our next cruise.

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2011
Oday 322 East Chicago, IN
Mine came early….

new jib and new prop…

IMG_2846.png IMG_2847.jpeg

oh, I almost forgot about this little gem for making espresso on Tally Ho! Practicing at home this week;)

IMG_1907.jpeg

Retiring in March, so the 2024 sailing season should be fun, fast, and frequent :)

Merry Christmas to all,

Greg

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
Where do I start? As a Sagittarius, me birthday is close to Christmas so it’s sometimes hard to keep straight which “gift” is assignable to which special day! ...
December 30th here. Folks are pretty much tired of presents by then and the next night is New Years Eve. So they don't want a pre-New Years party either. I once toyed with an idea to find all the December 30th b-dayers and see if we can have a party of our own.

Jul 27, 2011
Bavaria 38E Alamitos Bay
December 30th here. Folks are pretty much tired of presents by then and the next night is New Years Eve. So they don't want a pre-New Years party either. I once toyed with an idea to find all the December 30th b-dayers and see if we can have a party of our own.
One uncle of mine had December 26!

May 17, 2004
Beneteau Oceanis 37 Havre de Grace
Merry Christmas everyone!

Santa got me a new handheld VHF. But I’m especially proud of what he got my parents (with the help of my 3D printer). A lithophane lamp, where each side is one of the boats they’ve had over the years.

Lithophanes are made by converting pictures into 3D plastic sheets of varying thickness. Backlighting the sheets shows the pictures in a Sepia type effect.

The four sides are the Dyer Dhow that they sailed when they were dating (that I restored a couple years ago), the O’Day 22 they got when they were first married, the O’Day 28 they had while I was growing up, and the Beneteau 37 we sail now.

1703521680526.jpeg

1703521737242.jpeg