Sanitation hose vent

Aug 25, 2018
Catalina 275 sport North Starr Sail Club
We bought a 1984 Morgan 323 last year. Turns out it has nasty odor issues. We are replacing the bladder but have come to learn it was never vented. We know we need to add a vent hose. How were most Morgan 323s vented? Any suggestions?

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
Owner installed fittings in bladder tanks are too often inclined to leak--the last thing you want to happen in a holding tank. Plus, the average lifespan of most bladder tanks is only about 15 years...whereas hard plastic tanks are pretty much indestructible forever as long as they aren't abused (fittings overtightened etc). So I strongly suggest that you go with one instead of a new bladder.
Ronco Plastics Ronco Plastics marine Tanks (no relation to the VegoMatic Ronco) is your best source for a tank. They make TOP quality thick-walled water and waste tanks for a very reasonable price (prob'ly less than the same size top quality bladder) and have more than 400 shapes and sizes, over 100 of which are non-rectangular, and they install fittings in the sizes and locations specified by the customer when they make the tank. We might want to chat one-on-on about the best location for it (which may or may not be where the bladder is) and also fittings locations and vent sizes, so feel free to send me a PM if you'd like my help.
Oh...you prob'ly should replace all the hoses too...permeated sanitation hoses are the most common source of odor inside a boat.

--Peggie

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2018
Catalina 275 sport North Starr Sail Club
I cannot tell you how happy I am to hear from you. How do I PM you?