Sandpiper 565

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 21, 2013
Hunter 30-2 Harrison
i know piper 565 isnt a big production boat ,but if any one out there has one i would like to hear from you they are made in ontario canada by C&L i've recently bought one and im looking for info to upgrade her and get tips on sailing her .

Apr 12, 2007
Sirius 21 Barrie ON
I had a Sandpiper. Great little boat! What do you want to upgrade?
They are a simple boat. Some people modify the rigging, while others just sail the boat!
Make sure your boat is dry. crawl into the rear lazerette, check every cabin locker for any water, and fix it.
There is also wood core in the deck, and should be checked for moisture.
These boats are approaching 30yrs of age, so maintenance is needed.
Check the centreboard(keel). If the screw is hard to operate, lubricate it. If possible drop the keel and inspect it for grounding damage.
C&L Boatworks is still in operation, and offer parts for the Sandpiper. Google them.
Where do you sail? A group of Sandpiper sailors rendezvous every summer in August.
Eric

Oct 21, 2013
Hunter 30-2 Harrison
im in british columbia but i lived in ontario for 41 yrs originally Scarborough .
ive had her for about 3 weeks now so, its a question of what to do and in what order , the rigging is one thing i definatly doing soon i was out on harrison lake a few days ago in heavy winds,and although nothing bad happened it, i didnt have a feeling of confedence .so im thinking of adding another front cable to the top of the mast ,another 2 on the sides to the base of the spreaders and one from the top down to a Y and connect to the corners of the stern , got her for really awsome price ,because shes been out of the water for the last 5 yrs ,and because shes missing a number of components , cushions ,head . etc... which ive replaced for the most part ,but there are lots of things i still want to do to her to make her shine !

Status
Not open for further replies.