salon window leaks in a 2007 373

Gold70

Oct 27, 2021
Beneteau 36 Wilmington
Anyone have issues with leaks on the main salon overhead windows.
Thanks in advance...

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2004
Beneteau 343 Slidell, LA
Unfortunately, this is a common problem for owner's of 3_3 series Beneteaus. You can research archives for "343 Skylight Leaking" for more info. Short version is to remove sealer from perimeter of lens and reseal, for short term remedy; or remove the lens completely and rebed the existing lens or replace with a new lens. Dow 795 sealant is the preferred sealer. Beneteau no longer sells the sealer that was used at the factory when the boat was built.

Jun 21, 2004
Beneteau 343 Slidell, LA
Also, check in general marine downloads section of this web site for " Beneteau Field Guide for Window Replacement" that was prepared by Beneteau. It details the procedure for replacing the skylight lens.

Sep 24, 2021
Beneteau 35s5 Telegraph hrbr Thetis Island
Thumbs up for DC 795 but you won't find it at your home depot or even your chandlery. I found it at various insulation and cladding companies, and possibly large building glass outfits.

Jun 21, 2004
Beneteau 343 Slidell, LA
Thumbs up for DC 795 but you won't find it at your home depot or even your chandlery.
I ordered it from Amazon. Comes in a variety of colors. Two tubes should be sufficient, if only sealing the perimeter groove.
No need for any primers. Reasonable cost.

Jan 4, 2006
Hunter 310 West Vancouver, B.C.

See post #2.

Jun 1, 2004
Beneteau 393 Newport
I had a 393 and found after years of chasing the leak from the outside that the only solution is to CAREFULLY remove the skylight. I did it by using an oscillating saw to cut the mastic from the bottom. Once it was out I took it to a plastics shop where a new one was fashioned and reinstalled it per manufacturer’s instructions with Dow 795. I applied copious beads to the outer perimeter and to the two interior webs. Too much will squeeze out when the light is in place and properly weighted. While everything was still wet, I filled in the outside groove. For the first time in 8 years we had a dry interior.