Salon table extension Cat 387. Where do I stow it?

Nov 27, 2015
Catalina 387 Kerr Lake NC
Bought my boat last year. The larger table came with an extension that extends the table to the bench chairs on the other side. The bottom of the extension has a eye hook. Cant find out where to stow it when not in use??? Called Catalina and they say they don't remember where it goes. Please help.

Claygr

Feb 10, 2014
Catalina 387 Milwaukee, WI
On our C387, our bed is athwartships, and the table fits on the port side of the bed and the table extension fits on the starboard side of the bed. Not sure where they go if the bed is amidships but it may be the same.

Nov 27, 2015
Thanks for the answer. My bed is centerline and the table fits exactly where it is suppose to. The extension can easy fit on the port side as you suggested but it does not explain the eye hook in the extension.

Claygr

Feb 10, 2014
Catalina 387 Milwaukee, WI
The table extension has two metal bars. These slide into holes in the shelf. The hook is on the round block of wood above the shelf and fits into the eye on the table extension to keep it from moving. Sorry, don't think I have a photo of it in place.

Nov 27, 2015
Thank you so much. That makes total sense. Think they may have ordered the extension from Catalina as an afterthought because we don't have the holes in the shelf of the latch to hook the extension to. But thank you so much for the help.