Salon table 37c

Jun 18, 2006
hunter Cherubini Hunter 37 cutter Cocoa Beach
Hello! I am the new owner of Jolly Roger which is currently on the hard in Green Cove Springs Florida. Previous owner decided that they didn't need a salon table and completely removed it. I was wondering if someone could measure theirs including each leaf and the center section and maybe post a little drawing for me. Also, I would be interested in any comments about whether, if you could, you would change the size of the factory table or anything else about it that you could change if you were building one up from scratch. Thanks so much, Terry and merry Christmas!

Johnb

Jan 22, 2008
Hunter 37-cutter Richmond CA
The port side leaf is 48” by 17”
The middle section is 9.75” wide
The starboard leaf is 55” by 17”

I figure the table is a pretty good compromise between space it takes up and useful area. When the port leaf is in use access to the bog, vanity and vee berth is cut off.

Attachments

Jun 18, 2006
The port side leaf is 48” by 17”
The middle section is 9.75” wide
The starboard leaf is 55” by 17”

I figure the table is a pretty good compromise between space it takes up and useful area. When the port leaf is in use access to the bog, vanity and vee berth is cut off.
This is the factory set up yes?

Jun 8, 2004
C&C Frigate 36 St. Margarets Bay, Nova Scotia
Something I did on my table was to cut a slot on the forward end of the table, basically turning the mast hole into a U-shaped cut out so that the table can be removed without pulling the mast!

Jun 18, 2006
Can anyone describe, or better yet provide photos, of the mechanism for holding the leaves up? I have seen a couple variations on how to do this on various boats that I have owned. And more importantly, are you satisfied with how the mechanism keeps the leaves upright? That thing worse than having a leaf lansing! Thank you! And merry christmas!

Jul 27, 2022
Hunter Cutter 37 Philadelphia
Hello,

If your are having a new table fabricated, I'm interested in replacing the center piece in my table. Over the years, this has gotten chipped up. The slot forward of the mast is very much recommended as my table has be split and doesn't look as good as it could when the table was removed without pulling the mast.

If you are going ahead with this, and have a cabinet maker/wood shop in mind, I'll send along very tight drawings or perhaps the entire piece.

Michael

Jun 18, 2006
Hello,

If your are having a new table fabricated, I'm interested in replacing the center piece in my table. Over the years, this has gotten chipped up. The slot forward of the mast is very much recommended as my table has be split and doesn't look as good as it could when the table was removed without pulling the mast.

If you are going ahead with this, and have a cabinet maker/wood shop in mind, I'll send along very tight drawings or perhaps the entire piece.

Michael
Thank you for the response! I will be fabricating the table myself although I'm certain it won't come close to approaching a professional's job. I haven't even decided what I'm going to make the table out of. Any recommendations? My notion is to use marine plywood with a red mahogany stain and then to cover the edges with the fiddles, but I'm not sold on that completely yet either.

Jul 27, 2022
Hunter Cutter 37 Philadelphia
The original table is solid teak in the middle with teak veneer plywood for the flip ups. There is a compartment under a pull out in the center piece perfect for liquor. The edges of the flip ups are rounded, solid teak trim. All is easy to source. Fabrication requires a table saw and table router to fabricate the center piece. I've looked at the different approaches to allowing the table to be removed without removing the mast. The cut out forward of the mast is the best as it is not visible as you enter the cabin.

You may be inspiring me to find a wood shop to fabricate a new center piece. It should be cheaper per item to order 2 of these custom pieces. They'd use my current center piece as a template.

Jun 18, 2006
The original table is solid teak in the middle with teak veneer plywood for the flip ups. There is a compartment under a pull out in the center piece perfect for liquor. The edges of the flip ups are rounded, solid teak trim. All is easy to source. Fabrication requires a table saw and table router to fabricate the center piece. I've looked at the different approaches to allowing the table to be removed without removing the mast. The cut out forward of the mast is the best as it is not visible as you enter the cabin.

You may be inspiring me to find a wood shop to fabricate a new center piece. It should be cheaper per item to order 2 of these custom pieces. They'd use my current center piece as a template.
I might be interested but I only give it a 50/50 chance as I am replacing alternator, freshwater and raw water pumps, starter, brand new autopilot, and the fixed ports. Going to be gobbling through money pretty quickly. For some reason the previous owner decided that a table was a bad idea and removed the whole thing. Do you know how high off the cabin sole the top of the table is?
I am probably going to wind up using marine plywood with the a face up of course and put some red mahogany stain or something on it. For the edges I may just apply epoxy sand smooth and then paint black. Making the fiddles properly to conceal the edges of plywood is probably beyond my skill level, at least to pull it off with any precision

Johnb

Jan 22, 2008
Hunter 37-cutter Richmond CA
The top of the table on my boat is 29.625 inches off the sole