Sailing tours/resources for La Spezia, Italy

Jul 20, 2021
Quickstep 19 Onekama, MI | Portage Lake
My fiancee and I will be traveling to Italy for our wedding at the end of September and we'll be spending a couple nights near La Spezia. We'd love to go sailing for a few hours while we are there, possibly around the gulf and near Cinque Terre.

We both have some experience sailing, but neither of us are comfortable taking a boat out on our own in a foreign country. We'd love to hire a captain with a boat to bring us on an afternoon/ evening sail. Not looking to be on a boat with a full crew or a large group, we want to participate in the sailing. Any resources or names of companies that offer this type of thing would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
No help with your quest, but congrats on finding a life partner and best of luck in your visit.

My wife and I visited Cinque Terre in 2018. Had a wonderful time. Hiked the trails between communities. Sipped wine at the. Beach side cafes. Ate great Italian food. Thoroughly enjoyed the experience.

Not sure of the viability for a sailing experience. Saw a few power boats on the sea along the coast, there were ferry/taxis. but do not remember Seeing any sail boats.

Where we saw sail boats was on the Adriatic, out of Venice.

Wish you all the best on your adventures

Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
I just messaged a friend who lives in Italy about your quest.

This are a few ideas that might help.

1) Word of mouth is the typical way to find things locally.
2) The Hotel you plan to stay at, ask them.
3) Go to eat at good Fish restaurant and query them.
4) Walk the nearest Marina and ask.

Good luck
Jim...

Jul 20, 2021
Quickstep 19 Onekama, MI | Portage Lake
@JamesG161

Thank you for the tips! I will definitely reach out to my hotel soon to see if they have any ideas. If I don't have anything set up by the time I get there I'll try going to the Marina.