Sailing Magazines

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

John284

With so many choices to pick from when trying to decide what sailing magazine to subscribe to. I thought I would try to get some input from those that would know. I'm particularly interested in a magazine that would have frequent articles on trailerable sailboats. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance, John

J

John284

With so many choices to pick from when trying to decide what sailing magazine to subscribe to. I thought I would try to get some input from those that would know. I'm particularly interested in a magazine that would have frequent articles on trailerable sailboats. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance, John

T

Tim

Same

Good Old Boat is also my favorite. Definitely designed for those who want to do work themselves and covers trailerable boats. My only complaint is it does not come out often enough at every 2 months.

T

Tim

Same

Good Old Boat is also my favorite. Definitely designed for those who want to do work themselves and covers trailerable boats. My only complaint is it does not come out often enough at every 2 months.

L

Lamar Sumerlin

To some extent it depends on your needs

My view is Good Old Boatis an excellent publication for those that want to do refurbishment/repair of small cruisers and the like. Maybe not so useful for one with a day sailor type boat. Practical Sailor is a good reference for evualuating boating equipment,new boats, paint and other products that your might want to buy.

L

Lamar Sumerlin

To some extent it depends on your needs

My view is Good Old Boatis an excellent publication for those that want to do refurbishment/repair of small cruisers and the like. Maybe not so useful for one with a day sailor type boat. Practical Sailor is a good reference for evualuating boating equipment,new boats, paint and other products that your might want to buy.

C

Cliff

Get them all

It helps with the off season when it is snowing. Cliff

A

Andy

Budget Cuts

I remember when we bought our last/new/big boat. I decided to cut all excess cost so we could afford the new vessel and so I dropped all 3 subscriptions. Then the first winter!! Went back to two that year! If you dream of cruising:"Cruising World" If you race, get "SAIL" If you dream of a hedonistic sail through paradise and enjoy a libation frequently, you might check out "Lattitudes & Attitudes"

A

Andy

Budget Cuts

I remember when we bought our last/new/big boat. I decided to cut all excess cost so we could afford the new vessel and so I dropped all 3 subscriptions. Then the first winter!! Went back to two that year! If you dream of cruising:"Cruising World" If you race, get "SAIL" If you dream of a hedonistic sail through paradise and enjoy a libation frequently, you might check out "Lattitudes & Attitudes"

J

Jeff D

Sailing Today

The only mag I wold buy is Sailing Today. It is an English publication which I can get at Barnes and Noble. A little more expensive but contaiuns 4X as much information. Cruising World and Sail are 80% advertisment and articles are for the most part short and simple and over the years redundant. I usually can read these standing at the rack in about 20 minutes. I consider these a rip off. Even Sail recoginzes its failing by publishing a Fix IT type magazine recently. These articles used to be in Sail. Good Old Boat is also worth the money.

J

Jeff D

Sailing Today

The only mag I wold buy is Sailing Today. It is an English publication which I can get at Barnes and Noble. A little more expensive but contaiuns 4X as much information. Cruising World and Sail are 80% advertisment and articles are for the most part short and simple and over the years redundant. I usually can read these standing at the rack in about 20 minutes. I consider these a rip off. Even Sail recoginzes its failing by publishing a Fix IT type magazine recently. These articles used to be in Sail. Good Old Boat is also worth the money.

Jun 2, 2004
Several Catalinas C25/C320 USA
Magazine

I like Sail. Lots of varied articles, plus lots of articles about sailing that I like to read from my recliner in my living room, but would not want to attempt. Such as the guy who single handed a 25' boat from our west coast to Australia...great reading, but I would not want to do it.

Jun 2, 2004
Several Catalinas C25/C320 USA
Magazine

I like Sail. Lots of varied articles, plus lots of articles about sailing that I like to read from my recliner in my living room, but would not want to attempt. Such as the guy who single handed a 25' boat from our west coast to Australia...great reading, but I would not want to do it.

T

tom b.

I like the Good Old Boat also.. as I have an .

older catalina 22. They seem to feature smaller boats and not alot of advertising in the back. But I like Sail also..beautiful pix and some good stories.Perfect for the bathroom..

T

tom b.

I like the Good Old Boat also.. as I have an .

older catalina 22. They seem to feature smaller boats and not alot of advertising in the back. But I like Sail also..beautiful pix and some good stories.Perfect for the bathroom..

Status
Not open for further replies.