SailCare vs Local Loft

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
I have used them....very happy with them. I have also used VacuWash with saillote treatment. Very happy with them also.

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
The shipping has got to be a killer. If a local loft is anywhere near the quality, it would seem to be a better value.

Apr 1, 2004
Catalina 34 Herring Bay Chesapeake, MD
I've used SailCare twice over the last 15 years. Very satisfied I thought shipping was reasonable. Just figure total cost with shipping.

Steve
Catalina 34

Tom J

Sep 30, 2008
Catalina 310 Quincy, MA
I've used both services, and, while the local loft cleaned the sails very nicely, the Sailcare treatment actually restored the sails. They had a nice, crisp feel to them and were spotless. The other tasks they accomplished, such as adding a set of reef points and resewing the luff rope, were expertly done. The shipping was easy and not expensive.

ShawnL

Jul 29, 2020
Catalina 22 3603 Calumet Mi
We don't have a local loft, so I have nothing to compare Sailcare to. I sent them my dirty original '73 sail last year around November. Got it back in March and it looks like a new sail. It's for a Catalina 22 (so it's not a huge sail) but I think in the neighborhood of $130 got me the full cleaning, re-stitched any areas that needed it (and a lot did), re-work the batten pockets and supply new battens, new sail-ties on all of the reefing points, and put my hull number on the sail. I was very happy when I went to bend it on this spring.

Jun 14, 2010
Robertson & Caine 2017 Leopard 40 CT
We don't have a local loft, so I have nothing to compare Sailcare to. I sent them my dirty original '73 sail last year around November. Got it back in March and it looks like a new sail. It's for a Catalina 22 (so it's not a huge sail) but I think in the neighborhood of $130 got me the full cleaning, re-stitched any areas that needed it (and a lot did), re-work the batten pockets and supply new battens, new sail-ties on all of the reefing points, and put my hull number on the sail. I was very happy when I went to bend it on this spring.
That sounds like an incredible value.

Jan 7, 2011
Oday 322 East Chicago, IN
I have cleaned a few sails over the years…wasn’t impressed.

Never tried Sailcare. Sounds like their process is better/different.

Greg