Sailboatowners.com burgee

RAD

Jun 3, 2004
Catalina 30 Bay Shore, N.Y.
I'm staying at a Marina in New London Ct. called Crockers Boat Yard and this morning I look out the hatch and next to me is a Sailboatowners.com burgee i s flying, nice to know I'm not the only one flyingthe burgee which reminds me to get a new one because mine's getting tired
What's interesting is that I'm at the yearly rOnDAYvous which is a get together of ODAY sailors in the North East and every year my family and I look forward to this event and I've met some really nice friends on this site and have been able to attached a face and a boat with the name at these rOnDAYvous
And it all started with this forum (Odayowners.com) now I wonder who's docked next to me flying the flag

Attachments

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
AquaCat 12.5 17342 Wateree Lake, SC
And it all started with this forum (Odayowners.com) now I wonder who's docked next to me flying the flag
I bet they'd love it if you introduced yourself. Just a thought.

RAD

Jun 3, 2004
Catalina 30 Bay Shore, N.Y.
I bet they'd love it if you introduced yourself. Just a thought.
If I see someone around I'll introduce myself......I'll ask where did you get that cool burgee ;)

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
Shipping to Canada is quoted online as Priority Mail, by weight. Our online shipping calculator isn't smart enough to figure out if a combination of products can ship in a flat rate box, or if the product(s) would qualify for first class postage (a combination of weight and size).

If you check the attached screen capture, you'll see that we let you set a shipping preference for cheaper, slower methods if the product qualifies. In this case, we can ship the burgee to Canada for $8.80.

Attachments

Dec 29, 2009
Hunter 380 Little Creek, Virginia Beach, VA
How do you like your O'Day 32 CC? I have had three and thought they were great boats.
-charlie

Apr 27, 2010
Beneteau 352 Hull #276 Ontario
That's better. When I select "use the lowest cost method even if it's slower",
the shipping amount doesn't change. Then if I continue it wants my credit card info. Unfortunately I don't like entering that info if the initial costs are incorrect.

Most sites I order from allow me to change the type of shipping and that is reflected in the final price before the entry of credit card info.

Just saying

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
That's better. When I select "use the lowest cost method even if it's slower",
the shipping amount doesn't change. Then if I continue it wants my credit card info. Unfortunately I don't like entering that info if the initial costs are incorrect.

Most sites I order from allow me to change the type of shipping and that is reflected in the final price before the entry of credit card info.

Just saying
Most sites don't sell everything from masts, rudders, and steel arches, to burgees, and coffee mugs either... some shipping from our warehouse and other items shipping from fabricators. Most other sites, if they even sell that broad a product range, show you nothing for shipping.

Also, there is no shipping program that I know of that can calculate shipping by volume. Which means those other sites, in some cases, will overcharge shipping because they calculate by weight and keep the difference.

We don't. However, that involves a degree of trust and I recognize that not everybody can do that.

Dec 29, 2009
Hunter 380 Little Creek, Virginia Beach, VA
All of the O'Day 32's I had are still sailing as far as I know. Bought the first one (centerboard sloop) to use a home away from home when I was a geo batchelor for two years...sold it when I was transferred back "home". Ran across a good deal on a centerboard ketch, bought it, rebuilt it, and sold it. Boatless again, I started shopping and couldn't find a better value than another ODay 32..this time a fixed keel sloop. Had that for several years, the sold again when a friend needed me to babysit his catamaran for a few years while he was overseas. He came back and I bought my current boat - a Hunter 380. Still, for the money you can't beat the 32 ODay for amenities, sailing peformance, ease of handlling.