Sail trim book question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 16, 2014
Tanzer 26 Halifax
I haven't come here too often and came across this thread by accident.. just thinking of the upcoming season. I am also glad to see that this forum worked itself out well... emails (no body language or voice clues) can often become quite nasty. I have a lot of sailing reference material.. but am always on the look out for better explanations or a new tidbit... so this has prompted me to order the guide.

Apr 1, 2010
Cal 33 and Sea Pearl 21 . Crystal River, FL
I just received my copy on Saturday. after reading through this thread I went back through Don's responses and lined through or made notes accordingly to everything he mentioned. I think I thread where only he can comment on what he would change would be great!

Jan 10, 2015
. . Pensacola, FL
My copy of "Sail Trim Users Guide" and "Sail Trim Chart" should be arriving any day now. This thread is indeed timely!

I hope to be able to put the information to good use.

Sluggo

Apr 1, 2010
Cal 33 and Sea Pearl 21 . Crystal River, FL
sluggo- I just read the entire book in 2 sittings (in one day) it is short and concise enough to keep you reading while being thorough enough to understand why you are making certain adjustments. cant wait to go try some of my new knowledge out.

after reading the book I looked at some pictures of my boat and looked at my sail trim for the wind and looked like this :O in disbelief!!

Jan 10, 2015
. . Pensacola, FL
LOL...I'm afraid that's gonna be me, too!!

Thanks for the chuckle, and I'm hoping the book will make me a better sailor.

Sluggo

PGIJon

Mar 3, 2012
Hunter 34 Punta Gorda
Apex: There are a few writer that live in my community that may be able to help me.
Don if you want, I've written a book and several movie scripts. I'd be happy to give it a whirl. I'd probably be especially good since I'm still trying to learn myself.

May 17, 2004
Other Catalina 30 Tucson, AZ
Mates; Thanks for all the offers of help -- not only from on the forum but with phone calls and private emails from listers. I've participated in a lot of organizations and sports activities but the best groups of individuals, in no particular order, are boater (sailors & power), RV'er and competition BBQ folks. Frankly, it's the only reason I participate in this forum.

Here's a short story to sum it up. Before I got back into sailing I was into jet powered boats - big ones with 460 Ford's and 2 sets of 4 barrel Holly's. Coming back one night from the Colorado River with my wife and 3 children I felt a bump on the back of my P/U camper. The bow pin had come loose and the boat had slid forward on the trailer and hit the camper door. I was sitting on the side of the freeway trying to figure out what to do next - there was no way we could re position the boat on the trailer by ourselves. Out of nowhere, 2 homeward bound boating families pulled in behind me and together we muscled the boat back into position. They wouldn't take any money and just drove off. That's what boater do and why I'm so happy to be part of that group. Other groups would have driven by and left me to deal with it on my own or maybe not.

Anyway, back to the topic. I'm in touch with the folks that print my book and I think they can make the 2 small changes for me and not mess up the page numbering etc. That's the easiest solution.

PGIJon; Thanks for the offer. Years ago we almost moved to Punta Gorda. Didn't work out but it sure would have been great to have a home on a canal with a boat sitting at the dock.

Status
Not open for further replies.