Sail Numbers

Jul 22, 2020
Hunter Legend 37.5 37.5 New Braunfels
I am looking for sail numbers to put on my mainsail. I checked with Defender Marine but they only have 12" high numbers. A little too small for my sail. I found Bainbridge International, England, but I am having trouble getting through to them. They have numbers that are 457 mm tall, which is about 18".

Can anyone tell me where I can go to purchase sail numbers? Thanks for your help.

May 17, 2004
Beneteau Oceanis 37 Havre de Grace
I used the 12” numbers from Defender for our mainsail on a 37’ boat. I don’t find them too small. For perspective, here’s a view -
1663061764682.jpeg

Jul 22, 2020
Marmalade

I did not realize those requirements. I will see what I can find out there and position them accordingly. Thanks again for your help.

Jul 22, 2020
May 9, 2020
Hunter Legend 37 Harrison Twp, MI
@Panama Jack - no worries, happy to help when I can! Good luck in the race, and be sure to post a recap for us! Our season only has a few weeks left before back on the hard for winter, so will need some regatta reports to pass the winter!

Jul 22, 2020
@Panama Jack - no worries, happy to help when I can! Good luck in the race, and be sure to post a recap for us! Our season only has a few weeks left before back on the hard for winter, so will need some regatta reports to pass the winter!
Marmalade
My wife and I went up to the boat last weekend to put the numbers on the mainsail and I did not put them on straight...damn!!!!! This weekend I will try to peel them off and start over, or I must order two new ones.
Damn!!!!

May 9, 2020
Hunter Legend 37 Harrison Twp, MI
@Panama Jack - dang, feel your pain. Nothing worse than that feeling of trying hard to get something right and have it good sideways... somehow, the harder I try the more squirrelly they go! And casual indifference gives better results!

Fingers crossed for you... though I fear with a week of sitting the adhesive will present a challenge... but maybe a casual approach to removing will work! Don't overthink it!

Good Luck!

Jul 22, 2020
@Panama Jack - dang, feel your pain. Nothing worse than that feeling of trying hard to get something right and have it good sideways... somehow, the harder I try the more squirrelly they go! And casual indifference gives better results!

Fingers crossed for you... though I fear with a week of sitting the adhesive will present a challenge... but maybe a casual approach to removing will work! Don't overthink it!

Good Luck!
Okay...will do.

May 17, 2004
Beneteau Oceanis 37 Havre de Grace
Marmalade
My wife and I went up to the boat last weekend to put the numbers on the mainsail and I did not put them on straight...damn!!!!! This weekend I will try to peel them off and start over, or I must order two new ones.
Damn!!!!
Sorry to hear that. Between the leech, luff, cross cut panels, and draft there are certainly plenty of disorienting lines to make it tricky. They don’t always come out in the same direction.
1663705698021.jpeg

Jul 22, 2020
Oh...very nice. Yeah...mine is roughly where the "14" boat has his number. I will send you a before and after pic this weekend...hopefully. Keep in mind that I have to raise my mainsail while in the slip. Hopefully the wind is not too strong Saturday morning.....hahaha.