sail cover

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

peter

The old sail cover for my C22 has blown out. I've priced replacements, but find the costs vary a great deal. But that's what I want: A great deal! Where's the best place to locate a good sail cover at a good price?

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
Not to be too commercial

...but right here, in the store, is the best price I know of for anything but a one-size-fits-all cover.

T

Tim Daley

The best deal in the universe is sails4free.com. They are offering a great cover (with a little advertising on it) for $25. The covers for the C-22 are still in the "design" phase so to speak as Andy at sails4free is using me for a guinea pig to get the sizing right. Hopefull by next week that will all be ironed out as he tells me there are many C-22 owners out there waiting patiently.

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
Spammers

That particular organization mounted a very intensive spamming campaign against this web site.

Dec 2, 1999
Hunter Vision-36 Rio Vista, CA.
Don't believe it.

I do not believe that ANYONE can make a sail cover from any material that is going to last for more than a season or two for $25. The cost of the material is $12-18 per yard for Sunbrella (the only material that is worth using). Why don't you buy one for the $25 price and let everyone know what you get for your money. Buyer beware (you are gonna get screwed).

T

Tim Daley/TIMBECK II

I am unaware of the "spamming" incident and I personally am very impressed with sails4free. After sending me the first sail cover,which was too small, he called to follow-up and we are working out the bugs. He even send me $5 to cover the cost of returning the first one! No problem with "buyer beware" (I don that for a living) but so far so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.