sail cover

Jun 8, 2004
Catalina 320 Dana Point
I usually get mine from the store on the site we are on, click on the "parts" to the left.

Sep 15, 2016
Catalina 22 Minnesota
Ill drop a plug for Sailors Tailor. They do great work and I love my C22 mainsail cover.

Joe

Jun 1, 2004
Catalina 27 Mission Bay, San Diego
It is worth the extra charges to have your cover made with premium thread and canvas. Plus the fasteners, especially at the mast end should be as high quality as the maker offers. I purchased a "stock" cover with the cheap thread and it was less than I expected, after one season it was showing surprising amount of wear. Fortunately I had the craftsman that built my dodger re work the mainsail cover underside to fit correctly. He also re stitched the cover with the higher quality thread. I was lucky to employ such a wonderful professional, but, of course he made it up with the cost of the dodger... which is a real show stopper.

Sep 14, 2014
Catalina 22 Pensacola, Florida
Use sunbrella cloth, and uv resistant thread if you make it yourself, Sailrite can provide both as well as the stainless hardware you need.

Sep 30, 2013
1988 Catalina 22 North Florida
It is worth the extra charges to have your cover made with premium thread and canvas. Plus the fasteners, especially at the mast end should be as high quality as the maker offers. I purchased a "stock" cover with the cheap thread and it was less than I expected, after one season it was showing surprising amount of wear. Fortunately I had the craftsman that built my dodger re work the mainsail cover underside to fit correctly. He also re stitched the cover with the higher quality thread. I was lucky to employ such a wonderful professional, but, of course he made it up with the cost of the dodger... which is a real show stopper.
"Buy once, cry once" is my motto. :thumbup: