Sail cover repair question

Mar 26, 2011
Corsair F-24 MK I Deale, MD
Sailmaker's palm and needle. That is what the sailmaker will use for a small bit of work in the field and what was used for centuries. The speedy stitcher, IMO, is for leather and for people who have not net learned all a palm can do. You won't often see a sailmaker with a speedy stitcher.

Oct 29, 2005
Hunter Marine 326 303 Singapore
I should of listened to the majority.

i had that stack pack made by a reputable sail loft in NJ 3 years back. It cost me $400 at the time.

i took it to a marine canvas/sail shop in St Augustine for repairs.The repair work consisted of re stitching the main zipper, adding a 2nd reef slit and replacing the connection points for the lazy jack lines. I was quoted 3 to 4 hours at $100 an hour. I felt that was high but just wanted it done. Once complete it supposedly took 5 hours and cost me $526.00. That’s $126.00 more then what the stack pack cost me.

Maybe I’m wrong but it seems overly inflated to me.
I bought a cheapo Brother sewing machine and did all canvas repair myself, Sailcover, Bimini, awnings etc...every 6-12 months. Uses polyester tread from Sailrite. Plan to buy Tenara thread for long life of thread.

Ken Y