Sad News-- Brion Toss has passed

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
Just saw this, well know rigger Brion Toss passed away yesterday. He was one of the most respected riggers in the country.

A Facebook page commemorating his memory is here: Brion Toss Life Memories

Feb 10, 2004
Hunter 40.5 Warwick, RI
I have at least one of his instructional videos. He was a knowledgeable resource to sailors world-wide and will be missed.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
He was a rigger extraordinaire. He taught me some of the knots that help keep me and my boat together.

Prayers for him to help him find his way to his next experience.

Jun 25, 2004
Corsair F24 Mk1 003 San Francisco Bay, CA
He was not only a master rigger, but also a renowned teacher who wrote the seminal book on applied rigging, The Rigger’s Apprentice. And a warm human being.

He will be missed.

Feb 6, 1998
Canadian Sailcraft 36T Casco Bay, ME
I considered Brion a friend. We conversed many times on the phone and I stopped in to see him when ever I was out his way. He had been a long time customer & convert of Bed-It Tape, but we mostly talked quite a bit about books vs. web. He was always trying to wrap his head around this new "www" medium, and liked the MHT format we use for how to articles, so we talked a lot about the benefits and shortfalls of both formats.

His passing is very sad news to me. He was a wonderfully nice guy who liked to share what he knew, and there are too few of those types of people on this planet. He helped innumerable people better understand rigging, including myself.

Mar 20, 2004
Hunter 356 and 216 Portland, ME
very sad, I talked to Brion years ago, used his book and videos to tune Escape. A real loss to the sailing community, he freely shared his expertise

May 10, 2004
Hunter 340 Bremerton, WA up from Woodland
RIP Brion. A true craftsman. His legacy will live robustly in the young riggers that he mentored on his team.