Sad news about Mainesail

Feb 11, 2017
Hi Folks,
Frequent poster and generous fellow sailor Rodd (user name mainesail) has had a serious stroke, and has a long recovery ahead of him.
I'm his neighbor and friend, and will pass on all well wishes to him posted here. Communication is challenging for him at the moment. He's been in the hospital since Sept. 1. All the best-Neil

Sep 20, 2006
Hunter 33 Georgian Bay, Ontario, Canada
Hi Folks,
Frequent poster and generous fellow sailor Rodd (user name mainesail) has had a serious stroke, and has a long recovery ahead of him.
I'm his neighbor and friend, and will pass on all well wishes to him posted here. Communication is challenging for him at the moment. He's been in the hospital since Sept. 1. All the best-Neil

Neil, thanks of the update. As David posted above, we have a notice on the main forum page and a link to Rodd's website for support. The amount of help he has contributed to the sailing family over a long period of time is beyond measureable.

Please pass along my best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Jun 1, 2009
Hunter 49 toronto
This is distressing news.
I’ve posted back and forth with him, and have really enjoyed his depth of knowledge. Most of the times he’s right about stuff, but we both learn from each other.
I send my best wishes for a full recovery. We’ll miss you while you’re getting your strength back

May 30, 2006
Oday 34 Chesapeake Bay
Also, sorry to hear of this news. Please send my best wishes for recovery.

Best regards,
Scott

Giro

Jul 23, 2019
MacGregor MacGregor 25 Monterey
We must all remember that he has his love of sailing to look forward to getting back to, with his chin in the wind and his mind on his skills.
So many of those experiencing similar challenges never have such a passion to return to.
He is truly fortunate. May his recovery be swift.
Giro

Jun 17, 2012
Bristol 35.5 Escanaba
Thanks for sharing the news. Please send Rodd a thumbs up for a full recovery. Rodd is a super sailor to share his skills and knowledge for all things electrical on our boats. Marilyn

Dec 29, 2008
Treworgy 65' LOA Custom Steel Pilothouse Staysail Ketch St. Croix, Virgin Islands
So sorry to learn this. Todd has been such a valued contributor to these forums, appreciated by so many. Praying for a full and speedy recovery.

Sep 15, 2009
S2 9.2a Fairhope Al
Wow this was a shock to me about the news of Mainsails health problems…I just want to wish him a speedy recovery and say that I have always been proud to be able to use his advice and knowledge and be able to boast about him as a source of information….I believe with out his help my boat wouldn’t have been as ship shape as it is ….here is wishing him a fast recovery from a friend and fan
SV Evelyn Lee /Woody (woodster) Goforth