Sabre Yachts stopping production of their sailboats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 15, 2012
Precision 21 Newburyport MA
I saw this on another forum and thought I would post it here. Sabre yachts on their sailboat page says that they are stopping production of sailboats for now. They will still support their customers. Also, the way the worded it, it sounds they "may" restart it in the future. For right now they are concentrating on the motor yacht business.

http://sabreyachts.com/sailing-yachts

Tim R.

May 27, 2004
Caliber 40 Long Range Cruiser Portland, Maine
My marina is a dealer of their motor yachts. They sell about 25 a year.

I have not seen many new Sabre sailboats in quite a while. The sailboat dealers come and go so I do not know who is currently selling them although I think it is brewer in S. Freeport.

Aug 20, 2010
Oday 27 Oak Orchard
Another victim of the seemingly systematic elimination of the middle and upper middle class over the last 30 years. Larger power boats are a very high dollar item reserved for the very few. This isn't a political opinion but an observation of reality. Makes the restoration of older boats more attractive for those not simply getting by economically.

Bob J.

Apr 14, 2009
Sabre 28 NH
Another victim of the seemingly systematic elimination of the middle and upper middle class over the last 30 years. Larger power boats are a very high dollar item reserved for the very few.
The sailboats they make are not cheap either & there are many other options out there for folks w/ that kind of money. I found the original receipt in my boat paperwork & my 28 cost the p.o. 45K w/ sails in 1980. That was alot of money back then for a 28' sailboat.

When the intial production run of sailboats ended back in the 80's, their focus/niche really had become the power boat. You do what's necessary to remain alive

Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
Interesting how Hunter's powerboat business was dragging them down and the sailboats are doing fine.. where Sabre is the opposite. Nice sailboats though.. I have two Gulf of Mexico crossings on one of their later 38 foot models ..

MSter

Apr 12, 2010
Sabre 38' MK II Oriental, NC
They were, and still are one of the sweetest and nicest looking sailboats out there! But then I am quite biased. We love ours and she loves us back.
Mike Sterling
S / V Ladylike

Status
Not open for further replies.