Sabre 34 MkII advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

David Tye

Hello, I'm considering the purchase of a Sabre 34 Mk II (1988 model)and am looking for pointers and/or source of a good boat review on the 34 Mk II. It appears that this model is a good all-around model for cruising, with decent sailing peformance...which is what I'm after. I don't believe I'm interested in any of the shoal draft options (the one I'm looking at draws 5'6"). How does this model sail? Track? How about osmotic blistering issues? Any general info would be greatly appreciated. David Tye Ft Walton Beach, Fl

D

David Tye

Hello, I'm considering the purchase of a Sabre 34 Mk II (1988 model)and am looking for pointers and/or source of a good boat review on the 34 Mk II. It appears that this model is a good all-around model for cruising, with decent sailing peformance...which is what I'm after. I don't believe I'm interested in any of the shoal draft options (the one I'm looking at draws 5'6"). How does this model sail? Track? How about osmotic blistering issues? Any general info would be greatly appreciated. David Tye Ft Walton Beach, Fl

W

William

Outstanding boat

Sabre yachts are built in Maine, and built well. I like the teak toe rail and grab rails on the deck and the lines are those of a first class boat. These boats were featured in the book "worlds greatest sailboats II" The performance ratios of the sabre 34 are similar to my boat the cal 33. Check www.image-ination.com The book value of these boats are around $74k more or less depending upon the condition of the boat. Good luck, I think the sabre's are a great boat for both cruising, style, and performance.

W

William

Outstanding boat

Sabre yachts are built in Maine, and built well. I like the teak toe rail and grab rails on the deck and the lines are those of a first class boat. These boats were featured in the book "worlds greatest sailboats II" The performance ratios of the sabre 34 are similar to my boat the cal 33. Check www.image-ination.com The book value of these boats are around $74k more or less depending upon the condition of the boat. Good luck, I think the sabre's are a great boat for both cruising, style, and performance.

W

William

My Bird

This is my bird the 1988 Cal 33 I'm sailing her only 6 months a year. New England winter. She's on the hard now, many small projects to do. I know what this has nothing to do with the sabre but I didn't want my girl to feel jealous that I was sending photo's and admiring another boat.

W

William

My Bird

This is my bird the 1988 Cal 33 I'm sailing her only 6 months a year. New England winter. She's on the hard now, many small projects to do. I know what this has nothing to do with the sabre but I didn't want my girl to feel jealous that I was sending photo's and admiring another boat.

D

David Tye

Reply to william

Thanks for the reply, William. Your Cal 33 looks remarkably similar to the Sabre...good looking boat. I'll check out image.ination.com Dave

D

David Tye

Reply to william

Thanks for the reply, William. Your Cal 33 looks remarkably similar to the Sabre...good looking boat. I'll check out image.ination.com Dave

B

Bob Washburn

Sabre 34 sails great!

David, I own a 1986 Sabre 34, owned since Feb 1987. She sails very well in NE waters, up to 30kts wind (bhlade sail over 20), 135 jib for normal sailing. Cruising spinnaker makes off wind light air sailing lots of fun. Sabres hold their own against any cruiser-sailer; the factory just finished its 2500th yacht; Sabre is one of the oldest boat builder still operating. You can not go wrong with a Sabre 34. Bob Washburn Westboro MA

J

Jim McNeil

Great boat

Up here in Maine, Sabre's have a great reputation and I envy you for having the option to buy. Looked at several Mk1 34's this past summer but too much $, finally went for a Islander 32. Anyway, not much (from my research) to worry about except the general condition of the boat. No real weakness that I have heard about (excluding high price!) and they hold value well for resail. Have fun! Jim McNeil Cape Elizabeth, Maine

Status
Not open for further replies.