Sabre 30 Air conditioning

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Alex

I am interested in putting an AC unit in my boat. Does anyone have any suggestions or references? Thanks in advance!

P

Pete

Re: Sabre 30 A/C

I have a 10K BTU reverse cycle CruiseAire unit under the port setee in my Sabre 30 Mk III. We are very pleased with it, especially when the heat and humidity are both 90+.

A

Alex

A/C

Thanks for the info. I should be more specific as I have a 1980 Sabre 30 Seroes I.

J

j b hamilton

a/c for your boat

I just replaced the orginal unit in my cal 28 with a new mermaid from defender supply, its 12000btu and cost 1250, easy to install and does a great job here in texas

J

j b hamilton

a/c for your boat

I just replaced the orginal unit in my cal 28 with a new mermaid from defender supply, its 12000btu and cost 1250, easy to install and does a great job here in texas

M

Mike

AC Installation

I installed a 9500 BTUs marine air unit in my Sabre 28 by buying a split unit. The compressor is in the stern locker on the port side and the evaporator is in the cabin under the port settee. I ran the A/C line under the quarter bunk.

M

Mike

AC Installation

I installed a 9500 BTUs marine air unit in my Sabre 28 by buying a split unit. The compressor is in the stern locker on the port side and the evaporator is in the cabin under the port settee. I ran the A/C line under the quarter bunk.

WaltG

Jun 7, 2004
- - Miami Beach
AC for Sabre 28

About the 9500 BTU split unit. Who is the manufacturer and model number? Who sells it (West Marine)? You mentioned the evaporator is under the port settee. On my Sabre28 the holding tank is there. Did you mean the starboard settee? Down here in Florida I can sure use the AC.

WaltG

Jun 7, 2004
- - Miami Beach
AC for Sabre 28

About the 9500 BTU split unit. Who is the manufacturer and model number? Who sells it (West Marine)? You mentioned the evaporator is under the port settee. On my Sabre28 the holding tank is there. Did you mean the starboard settee? Down here in Florida I can sure use the AC.

B

Bill

Sabre 30 A/C

I was in Costco this summer and they have portable A/C units for homes. the units look like a nice cabinet and only have an exhaust pipe you could vent out of a hatch.The condensation you could pipe to the bilge.Cost was around $500 for a 10000 BTU.Look on the web for portable units. There are alot on there. Good Luck

B

Bill

Sabre 30 A/C

I was in Costco this summer and they have portable A/C units for homes. the units look like a nice cabinet and only have an exhaust pipe you could vent out of a hatch.The condensation you could pipe to the bilge.Cost was around $500 for a 10000 BTU.Look on the web for portable units. There are alot on there. Good Luck

R

Robert

Portable Sabre A/C

Alex, I have a portable CarryOn Cruisair 5000 btu for my Sabre 30 for sale. It mounts on the forward on aft hatch. If you have any interest in it send a note. snowbird02128@yhoo.com

R

Robert

Portable Sabre A/C

Alex, I have a portable CarryOn Cruisair 5000 btu for my Sabre 30 for sale. It mounts on the forward on aft hatch. If you have any interest in it send a note. snowbird02128@yhoo.com

Status
Not open for further replies.