S37 Integrated Biminis, Dingy Davits, Radar Tower

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 11, 2006
- - Sarasota, FL
Hello,

I am designing a Integrated Biminis, Dinghy Davits, Radar Tower for my S37. Here are the details and a coupple pictures. Does anyone have any comments/advice/ideas?

Seidelmann 37 Integrated Biminis, Dinghy Davits, Radar/Solar Panel System.

General
1. All framing is 2 and 5/8 " tubular aluminum powder coated, except stairs are 2 " X 4 " with non- skid on top.
2. Black is fixed in place. Grey is removable with simple or no tools.
3. Vertical risers (ladder) shall be pitched toward centerline of boat. Bottom shall be 2” from toe rail, top will be 6” from toe rail.
4. Top side behind backstay is diamond plate aluminum platform that will support five hundred (500 ) pounds static, and one thousand, five hundred (1,500) pounds dynamic load
5. Top side forward of backstay is Sunbrella fabric with solar panels above. There will be an arched strut to push Sunbrella up and create slope for water to run off.
6. Grey structure is a dingy davit that slides into ladder and is secured with pins; davits must be removable with simple tools
7. Top side gray area shows safety rails aft of backstay. Top sides shall have holes to accept rails secured with pins. Will only be used when people are topside.
8. Aft to forward vertical cross member shall follow the same line as backstay
9. There shall be an internal race way on port and starboard sides for wires to top side (supporting radar, antennas, stern light, solar panels, Windex, and camera)
10. Original stern rail to be removed, new stern rail to be integrated with biminis structure. New Sternrail will have seats similar to Hunter.
11. Structure will be mounted to deck with ½’ stainless bolts with powder coated steel backing plate. Neoprene gasket will be applied above and below deck. Six (6) bolts for forward pads and four (4) bolts for aft pads. Deck penetrations will be sealed with 3M 5200.
12. Integrated Motor Mount for Outboard Motor on Port Side
13. Bracket for Horseshoe on Starboard, Bracket for Life Sling on Port Side.
14. Boom for hauling outboard motor up or extract man overboard with Life Sling
15. Mounting bracket for stern rail grill
16. First ladder rung will have two 3.5" round holes to hold drinks.

Attachments

Blitz

Jul 10, 2007
Seidelmann 34 Atlantic Highlands, NJ
It looks like you thought of most items anyone would want. Minor thing to add in - wiring would be nice for some cockpit lights underneath it (LCD?) for nights at anchor. The keys points are that it doesn't hit the boom and you maintain headroom while getting your wish list.:dance:

May 11, 2006
- - Sarasota, FL
LED Lighting

Yes, thank you.... I will make sure the raceways are open to get a coupple red and white LED's in the structure.

Jul 24, 2006
Legnos, Starwind, Regal Mystic 30 cutter, 22 trailer sailor, bow rider NEW PORT RICHEY, FL
nice idea, are you gonna fab it yourself? Can you do a pic description of you workup (like mainsail does) so we can see how it goes? Where do you plan to get mat'ls? Diamond plate is diferent mat'l than most I've seen. good luck

Oct 13, 2008
gulfstar 37 west palm beach
I just got a 37 gulfstar without a bimini and started thinking the same thing about a tower. I was goining to hunt for a used ski boat tower or look into custom built. cool idea, did anyone try it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.