S2 ground tackle

Jan 26, 2020
S2 9.2A Rochester
I have an S2 9.2a and I want to do something to rework the complete lack of factory ground tackle for the boat. Anchor locker and thats all that came with it. Looking to see what others have done.

Aug 7, 2018
Catalina 350 Great Sodus Bay, Lake Ontario
I have an S2 9.2a and I want to do something to rework the complete lack of factory ground tackle for the boat. Anchor locker and thats all that came with it. Looking to see what others have done.
There is another S2 9.2 for sale in the yard of Katlyn Marine in Sodus Point. RCR has the listing. I may be worth a look or a conversation with the broker.

Jan 26, 2020
S2 9.2A Rochester
I saw that when I picked up my sails from Bay Sails last year. It's been there a while. I don't see it on RCR's site. Didn't remember seeing anything special about the ground tackle on it. Just want to refit mine.

Aug 7, 2018
Catalina 350 Great Sodus Bay, Lake Ontario
I saw that when I picked up my sails from Bay Sails last year. It's been there a while. I don't see it on RCR's site. Didn't remember seeing anything special about the ground tackle on it. Just want to refit mine.
Sorry. Its a FSBO. I am not sure i understand what you mean when you say "factory ground tackle" I assume you mean, bow roller? Rode? Anchor? Perhaps another person can help with that.

Jan 26, 2020
S2 9.2A Rochester
yeah = S2 comes with an anchor locker and that's it. No bow roller. I have a CQR I put in the locker and have chain and rope rode. Works well enough, but it's a pain to toss it under the bow rails and tie it off to the cleat off center. I put a bow roller on it, but it's not a very good solution for sailing with the anchor mounted on the bow. Basically it stays stowed until I need it and then have to wrestle it out of the locker and over the bow roller and same when retrieving. I want to put a more permanent solution together that will allow for quick deployment and easier retrieving of the anchor. I think the bow roller has to go out further, but I don't think I can extend one far enough out so that the end of the anchor will clear the anchor locker. I think I will have to put a hawse pipe into the locker door and a chain stopper in front of the hawse pipe to fix the anchor in place. Then I'm thinking about putting a winch on the foredeck just aft of the anchor locker to help winch the anchor up. A winch should be fine bc by the time I get the chain rode from the rope, the anchor should be free of the bottom and I can hand haul it form there. I single hand pretty much always so driving off the anchor isn't very practical. I am sure plenty of 9.2 owners have looked into this and have some creative solutions. Odd that most pics I see on line are NOT of the bow!

Sep 22, 2018
Hunter 216 Kingston
Odd that most pics I see on line are NOT of the bow!
I wasn’t quite sure what an S2 was so did a little web crawling and came upon this. I saw some other bow photos of other models where they had hung the anchor off the bow pulpit.

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
Do you have any pictures of the bow and the anchor locker? I'm wondering if there isn't a windlass mount inside the locker.

-Will (Dragonfly)

Sep 17, 2012
Morgan 383 Fairhaven, NY
Mount (and back) a heavy duty roller to the bow, notch and reglass the anchor locker lid to allow the chain to enter. Re gelcoat the area. You don't really need a windless as to anchor in 10-20'. If you pick up a giant weed salad, tie it off and slow motor off to an open area and deal with it with a boat hook.

Apr 26, 2015
S2 26 Mid On Trailer
I remember some pictures of mods to the anchor locker (not sure which model S2) over on the S2 Facebook page recently.