S2 9.2A Mast Through Deck Plugs for wiring

May 29, 2020
S2 9.2A Lanoka Harbor, NJ
Hello fellow Sailors,

I am looking to install a new wind transducer for my raymarine package. The old manual I have shows through deck plugs that seem to indicate that there may be a way to access the bottom of the mast from inside the boat. Has anyone found these plugs? I have found where the mast wiring runs through the wall at the top of the head but does nor seem to be an accessible plug per say.

Any Help would be appreciated
BB9D964C-6F17-44B2-95BB-F8006EF3B46A.jpeg
BB9D964C-6F17-44B2-95BB-F8006EF3B46A.jpeg

Aug 26, 2019
S2 9.2c Allatoona
Hello I have a 9.2c and I'm fixing to destep the mast in the next few weeks. The previous owner said the plugs are like inside the base of the mast and are accessible when you are destepping. I suspect the only other way is to tear out the carpet on the ceiling. I will ask him when I see him today.

May 29, 2020
That would be fantastic, on the 9.2A the mast is centered over the corner of the head wall. I do see a path up into the deck the existing wires but thinking I may need to remove some wood as well. It’s extremely tight in that corner. Good luck with the mast. If you get a chance to take a pic please share would be great info to have.

Aug 14, 2017
S2 9.2A Fairport Harbor
Yes, that would be great if you could take some photos and post them I could use them as well. I just picked up a '84 9.2A and have a new Raymarine wind transducer to install also...

BobM

Jun 10, 2004
S2 9.2A Winthrop, MA
There is a wood covered wire run in the head aft. I rewired my mast and fixed the mast step...which didn't need fixing. The plugs are inside the mast and the mast must be taken down to access them.

May 29, 2020
Thanks for the info. Looks like I’ll make a list of mast repairs and updates and get them fixed at the same time while the mast is down.