Running Rigging table, 1991 Hunter 30T, tall mast

May 20, 2020
Hunter 30 Nelson BC
Q1: Suggestions re. where to find the above? If "tall mast" was an original purchase option, I've got one...

Realize this may be in my manual, but alas don't have easy access to it at moment, so hoping someone can point me to one online. Tried the Hunter site but they don't post a manual for the 1991 30'er. Just the early 80's model.

Q2: Kosher to post this on this Forum (mid-size boats), PLUS the "All Hunter" forum? Different followers, or wasting my time and readers patience?

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
Some of that info may be on this site. If you look under owner resources, and find your boat model you might find a manual, or running rigging specifics.
Cordage has come such a long way since the 80's, the original Rx's may be obsolete. You can get lighter stronger cordage if you are willing to pay and in some cases not that much more. Ultra low stretch for halyards is worth the cost. Same for outhauls and reefing lines. Vangs and sheets is a matter of personal taste. But a little stretch isn't so bad. But you can save weight for sheets improving light air performance. You have to pay attention to the specifications for your stoppers and/or cleats. Downsized running rigging goes better thru blocks too. I sailed on a J34C on which the jib sheets were too large. You needed four wraps on the winches to trim the jib and the winches were good for about 3.5 wraps. So it was exceedingly easy to get an override which is a cluster F. I would way rather having to wear a glove over enjoying the easy hand of too large sheets.

• Helpful
Jan 22, 2008
Hunter 30_88-94 Ipswich, Ma MA
As mentioned, your information is on this site. It will give you the IJPE dimensions of your boat and you can figure lengths from there.
I’ve been using New England Ropes Sta-Set for a while now...good stuff and reasonable priced. Make sure you have a reeving eye put on when it’s made up. Makes it much easier to remove if need be.