Running Rigging Info needed for Iwin 23

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Steve Wein

Hi: I just bought a 1970 Irwin 23 to restore. It had been on "dead boat row" for year at a nearby marina, and the mast and boom were stripped of everything. I mean EVERYTHING! My last boat was a traditional gaff rigged wood boat, and the one previous, a traditional wood rig, so this is my first aluminum mast and boom. I don't know how the mainsail down haul and out haul is rigged, since the boom has no cheek blocks, cleats, etc. And the topping lift completely mystifies me. There seems to be a double block permanently attached to what I think is the topping lift, but if I swing it out in line with the end of the boom, it's about ten feet above it. How does it connect? Where does it connect? It seems to imply that a line goes up to it from the end of the boom, then back down to the end of the boom somehow, but to adjust it, there's gotta be some blocks and a cleat somewhere. And where and how does it connect with the end of the boom? And then there's the question of reefing lines. Is there some kind of detailed diagram I can access? Help! I would appreciate your assistance. Thanks, Steve Wein

Jun 13, 2005
Irwin Barefoot 37 CC Sloop Port Orchard WA
Look up center cockpit models on this link

and the 23 is the first boat http://www.irwinyachts.com/aft-cockpit_files/AFT1.htm That's the best I have. Joe S

Apr 24, 2008
Irwin 24 Indian Harbour Beach
Irwin 23

Steve,

I just got rid of my 73 Irwin 23. I still have the custom built rudder and brand new Edson tiller head fitting and H-bracket. I also have the main sail and jib sail. I am currently trying to sell these items, so if you are interested in anything let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.