Running lights for the bow

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Matt Taylor

It's me again with the very used 73 Cat27. My boat is missing the two running lights that used to be mounted on either side of the bow. Any suggestions on where it might procure a set.

J

John Mavrovich

New light

Would it be simpler to install a new light on the bow rail?

L

LaDonna Bubak - Planet Catalina

Perko

You might call Perko (or West Marine if you can't find Perko) and see if they still make them. That would be an easy fix. You could also try posting a "wanted" ad in our classifieds section. If you want to come up to code, you can install a bowsprit mounted light but that won't fix the gaping holes you'll have in the bow. It depends on how much work you want to do. Lots? Well, start laying up glass to fill the holes & then repaint. Little? Find something to install over the holes (decorative wood trim?). Good luck! LaDonna

K

Kevin McGrath

Bow Lights

I had a 27 up until last year, and I saw the lights at Post Marine Supply in New Rochelle, NY. They might still have some.

D

Dave O

Replace the old

Call Catalina Direct, They have them. I know because I just replaced my old ones. Their number is 1800-959-7245 talk to Shiela or their web page : www.catalinadirect.com They have a lot of stuff for your boat. Dave

D

D.E. Newton

Same boat, year, problem

Just today I was at Svendsens Marine in Alameda CA, looking for parts to fix my running lights on my 1973 Cat 27. They produced an identical set of lights that are teardrop shaped like the old ones and would fit perfectly over the hole. They were around 35.00 for a pair. I think either Perko or SeaDog. But they do exist. If you can't find, email and I'll call Svendsens and get model number and manufacturer. DEN

R

Robert Westbrook

Used Running Lights

I have a 1977 Catalina 27 and have removed the bow lights to replace with an all-around mast light. If they are the same style as your lights you are welcome to them after I make sure I can glass the opening acceptably.

Status
Not open for further replies.