Rub Rail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 14, 2004
Catalina 310 BRANFORD
The rub rail is starting to loosen up in the starboard rear track. Anyone have a way to slip the gray rubber back into the track and secure it?
Thanks,
JCD SAIL

Jan 22, 2008
Catalina 310 #147 Oakville Yacht Squadron
I seem to recall reading that you can use a heat gun and rubber mallet; but have never had to do it myself.

Jun 14, 2004
Catalina 310 BRANFORD
Th rub rail is inside the track but is very loose.So there is a gap showing. I guess I need to gently tap the rail with a rubber mallet? This will tighten the rail?

Jeff75

Dec 9, 2007
Catalina 310 Niagara on the Lake
Rub Rail,

Paul has the answer there. Last year I couldnt figure out why the rub rail was coming out of the slide, in the spring. Thought my neighbour must of given me a rub while he was docking. Then while trying to place it back in the slides noticed a lot of dirt and moisture in the slide.
Of course,,,,,, water/snow gets in there,, freezes and pushes the rail out of its guides. I now take the end caps off in the fall to let it drain.

May 3, 2008
Catalina 310 Catawba Island
My rub rail insert kept falling out of the track and after much frustration I completely re-adhesived (new word) the insert in the track. Two years and no problem even with a few "crash landings". Used packaging tape to secure the insert while the adhesive (4200 fast cure) was setting-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.