Rub rail - dirt

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

James

I tried without success this past weekend trying to clean my rub rail. Does anyone know a product that will cleane just the normal dirt from the rail?

T

Tony

Good product

Jim try ther Marykate product Spray Away All-Purpose Cleaner about 12 bucks worked in mine (grey in color ) it is very concentrated so rinsing is a chore I don't know if Tidewater carries it but i know they have it at the Westmarine by the Acme t

B

Bill O'Donovan

Majic Eraser

I've tried everything, and this really works. Find it on any supermarket shelf with soap.

T

Tony

eraser

You're right bill, that white thing is amazing on a lot of surfaces i have not tried it on rubrail....yet t

S

steve

clean rub rail

ON my 2000 340, the rub rail was filthy. I bought some Grease Lightning. Sprayed it on, let it set in (don't let it dry), and lightly used a brush. Clean as new.

B

Bob Bass

Greased Lightening - Warning!

Greased Lightening is the only thing that has worked for me. Let is sit for short time and wipe with rag. If it gets on fiberglass, it will turn yellow and you think you have stained your finish, but it is only reacting with organics on the surface and will go away. BEWARE, though. It is very, very slippery. While cleaning my swim platform area, I got struck by Greased Lightening and was in the water before I knew what hit me. Guy on the next boat said "Get the gaff, Della, Bob fell in." OOPS!

S

steve

greased lightning

Concur with the slipperiness. I errored in not including that. However, it did work great. When it turned yellow it really lifted all the grime. The key is to not let it dry. Thanks for adding that about slipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.