Ronca anchor recall

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenn

Apr 18, 2009
CL Sandpiper 565 Toronto
Kudos to WM for standing behind their policy. It's not a recall, it's just giving notice that a product was not 100% as advertised.

The link in the WM pdf to Rocna's site states that the anchors still meet or exceed the stated specs for load and deformation, so there's no issue with the product being unsuitable or defective.

May 11, 2005
Seidelman S37 Slidell, La.
That certainly

That certainly made my decision easier. Was really considering the Rocna. If this is their way of doing business, think I'll pass on a Rocna. Other choices out there.

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
And for those of us who bought our Rocnas before this issue, I will sleep tight.

Feb 6, 1998
Canadian Sailcraft 36T Casco Bay, ME
We can all thank boating forums for bringing this serious issue to light!! We should also thank West Marine for stepping up even when the manufacturer failed to do so.

Bottom line is that Steve Bambury/Hold Fast CHANGED THE SPEC that Peter Smith the designer insisted upon. Some of the Chinese made Rocna's have been showing up bent and the steel used to make them is well under the designers intended specification.

If you have a British Columbia built Rocna or NZ built Rocna this does not affect you...

If you ant a great anchor buy a Manson Supreme!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.