Roger the gambling man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 22, 2008
Endeavour 32 Portland, Maine
You should have stayed at Trump...
No way I want a penny of my money to go to that dingbat. $64 dollars on this side over with my kind of people.

The only downside is only 3 feet of water at the mid length of the float at low tide. They let me wait to pay until I was sure I could stay. I've got Strider[/] sticking as far beyond the end of the float as I can and the keel set gently in the mud with no heeling so I'm good. If we get the strong southerly winds and thunderstorms that were in yesterday's forecast, this will be a very snug and quiet spot compared to the other side.

I went up into the marshes yesterday after the run from Cape May to try and anchor in the spot I used on the way down. However, the highest tides of the year had covered most of the islands and I didn't feel like picking my way through with the GPS and sounder without any visual references. A strong wind was also blowing and I decided to splurge on an additional night here.

No gambling for me. I lost my stake at the prop and starter tables.

Jun 28, 2005
Hunter H33 2004 Mumford Cove,CT & Block Island
Aquarium Marina

No way I want a penny of my money to go to that dingbat. $64 dollars on this side over with my kind of people.
Right next door to you, the Aquarium has a Residential Marina, it is less, no facilities e.g. showers, public bathrooms are locked at night, you do have electricity and water. $1.50/ft, $5 for electricity. 4 hour complementary stay for dinner or lunch or aquarium at the basin.

Jan 2, 2008
Hunter 33 (Cherubini design Forked River, Barnegat Bay, NJ
There's an anchorage just east of the bridge, north of the chanel. It looked good to me as I passed by, and I have heard it is good. And CHEAP!

Status
Not open for further replies.