RIP Sid Tracy

Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
Just learned of the loss of a sailing friend, Sid Tracy, S/V LaTraviata, and his battle with cancer. Long time Anacortes racer/cruiser keeping his boat in Cap Sante. We did a number of cruises together. Will miss him.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Sorry to here about the loss Terry. May he forever sail in fair winds.

Dec 25, 2000
Thanks John. I need to write a couple of stories about my cruising with Sid that were quite comical. Wherever he cruised his primary mission was to find evidence of Sasqautch, aka Bigfoot.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Sounds like my kind of guy. I am sorry I did not get to cruise with him. I am guessing that there are a few interesting stories connected with his research.

Dec 25, 2000
I am guessing that there are a few interesting stories connected with his research.
Yes. On one of our cruises up north, Sid was slowly catching up with our flotilla while we were in Grace Harbor. During our stay there we did a hike to the pond above the bay over an old logging road past some abandoned dozer equipment. Took a video clip of a Sasquatch foot print, commented on our find and how Sid would be remiss if he did not hurry and catch up while the print was still fresh. Alas, he had to head back home before even catching up, missing out on our fabulous find. Well it sure looked like a Sasquatch foot print, but you can observe our find and determine for yourself its authenticity. :rolleyes:

Dec 25, 2000
Lovely anchorage, lots of succulents, hiking trail, well protected. Been there many times.

Dec 25, 2000
Okay, it was our 2008 cruise and the clip in question starts at 34:02 minutes:

Dec 25, 2000
Just got a voice message back from Sid's wife saying that he wanted no service or memorial. Body was cremated and at some point the family will spread his ashes. She thanked us for our thoughts.