rigging

Nov 30, 2015
macgregor 26x jonesboro
My wife and I are going to retire soon on a mac26x. We lived and sailed a boat many years ago. We are looking for someone to help replace some rigging and help us learn more about the rigging and sailing this boat. I am an engineer and do everything myself. I would like someone with recent sailing and rigging experience to help. I can pay for their time or trade services. I can do ANY mechanical or electrical repair or installation. I have designed and installed LARGE solar systems. Any help or advice would be great.. Lake Forest Marina in Daphne,Al.

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
Hi ShapeShifter

Welcome to the SBO family. This is the third time today I've seen this post so I'm guessing you might be unaware that these forums are linked.

Anyway, I've done a fair amount of rigging on the baby sister to your boat (V22-2 & V21). If you have specific questions, I might know the answer.

Nov 30, 2015
macgregor 26x jonesboro
I am looking for someone in the Mobile/Pensacola area that can help me replace all the rigging. I have all standing and running premade and ready to install. I am sure I can do it, but I would rather have someone with experience help. I also have no clue about how/what the tension should be. My wife and two small kids lived aboard and sailed an old Ketch in L.A. back in the 80's. This boat was already 20 years old and the rigging and sailing was simple back then. I have boomkicker, roller furling, and other rigging I have never seen or used. When we lived in LA at Marina Del Rey, the place was full of sailors and racers willing to help. I learned a lot from those guys.. I have not found anyone in the Mobile area to help YET! Wonder why?? Back when we sailed EVERYONE helped each other. I spent many nights tracing and repairing mechanical and electrical systems for guys all over the marina.

Sep 15, 2009
S2 9.2a Fairhope Al
Hello i am in Fairhope at the municipal pier but not now and won't be there till the end of the month ...i see you are a Razorback not far from where i grew up in west memphis ....if you still need some one about the first of the year i will be more than glad to help you ......

Nov 30, 2015
macgregor 26x jonesboro
That would be great. That was my time line. I am still working in Jonesboro,Ar. I hope/WILL to retire the first part of 2016. If you want you can email me and I can give you my contact info.. davidcjoy1@gmail.com

Sep 15, 2009
S2 9.2a Fairhope Al
i will contact you via email that is only about 10 to 15 miles from where i am slipped