Rigging

Jun 3, 2004
Beneteau 423 Chicago
I recently purchased a 423 from an owner who didn't sail very much. The boat has roller reeling and in-mast furling. In addition to to two stops for the traveller, it has three Spinlock stops to starboard and three to port. Even though the boat is on the hard for winter storage, I was able to determine that the six lines lead aft into the cockpit are as follows:
1. Main sheet 2. Inhaul 3. Out haul. 4. Topping lift 5. Vang 6. Halyard. ( not sure if it's the main, jib, or spare)

Looking for suggestions on how people group these lines.
Thanks

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 343 Saint Helens, Oregon OR
On my 343, port side from companionway out: mainsheet, boom vang, inhaul,main halyard, traveller.. starboard in to out: outhaul, spinnaker, traveller.

I leave the traveller clutches open and use cam cleats on the aft edge to control the traveller from the helm. Guide in the owners manual swaps outhaul and vang. Rigger suggested change to be able to use cabintop winches to control inhaul and outhaul.

Jib halyard is cleated on mast as is topping lift.

May 17, 2004
Beneteau Oceanis 37 Havre de Grace
On our 37 from inboard out: Mainsheet, vang, inhaul, outhaul, main halyard. On the starboard side we have the optional spinnaker halyard with clutch and winch, so over this winter I plan on adding a second clutch to starboard and re-routing the Mainsheet there. This way we won't have to juggle the Mainsheet off winch to be able to use the port winch for the inhaul and outhaul. It will also free up a clutch for a spinnaker downhaul rather than cleating it at the bow.

Jun 4, 2004
- - DFW
Port:

Jib Halyard > Main Halyard > Reef > Spin Tack > Vang

Starboard:

Main Sheet > Outhaul > Cunningham > Spin Halyard

Followed a racing type set up with things you want to control rounding marks on Starboard.

DougM

Jul 24, 2005
Beneteau 323 Manistee, MI
With a classic main, I changed the original setup from the illustration in the manual.
Port Side: #1 reef, #2 reef, Main halyard, Jib Halyard, vang.
Starboard Side: Mainsheet, Spinnaker Halyard, Spinnaker tack line, Outhaul.

I think its a matter of personal preference. I took the mainsheet to the starboard side so that I could use the port winch to assist, if needed, in reefing. There are advantages and disadvantages no matter which way the lines are led.

CCHer

Jul 7, 2010
Beneteau 37 Cranes Creek, VA
David, that is what I did. Added two clutches on the starboard cabin top in addition to the one supplied for the spinnaker halyard and ran the main sheet to the inboard one and spinnaker tack line to the outboard with the spin halyard in the middle. Port side has vang, main furler, main outhaul, genoa furler and main halyard.

Nov 24, 2012
On my 423 classic main

Starboard side: two reef lines and spinnaker halyard

Port side: main halyard, vang, out haul and mainsheet.